Ask Dr. H - Page 14
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Dr. H

Quote Originally Posted by quest4reds View Post
    Thank you Dr. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
    I am afraid the Dr. will be needed further. The weight lifted off your shoulders appears to have been your head, which you have lost, or at least the contents thereof, which, in most cases, are relatively heavy. I cannot attest, however, that this is the case here.
    Last edited by jimsnores; 07-07-2015 at 08:29 PM. Reason: To provide additional worthless information.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by quest4reds View Post
    Thank you Dr. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
    Matt, we consider the Honorable one to be the NC Angler deity, a super natural being, one who is thought of as godly, holy or sacred. His words should be considered gospel.
    We at NC Angler ask that you present the honorable one with a sacrificial offering, this can include a brand new 300yd spool of Power Pro, a brand new reel of his choice, or a neat gadget for his yak.
    In doing so the honorable one will be there for you in the future, you know you'll be in need of his godly advice at some point. Failure to present the honorable one with an offering will lead to............. I prefer not to say.
    "Chance favors the prepared mind"

Quote Originally Posted by pgarick View Post
    Matt, we consider the Honorable one to be the NC Angler deity, a super natural being, one who is thought of as godly, holy or sacred. His words should be considered gospel.
    We at NC Angler ask that you present the honorable one with a sacrificial offering, this can include a brand new 300yd spool of Power Pro, a brand new reel of his choice, or a neat gadget for his yak.
    In doing so the honorable one will be there for you in the future, you know you'll be in need of his godly advice at some point. Failure to present the honorable one with an offering will lead to............. I prefer not to say.
    The only thing holy about me concerns my waders. I am a humble Christian man who dispenses advice freely to those in need of comedic discourse. No sacrifice is ever necessary. 15-20 pound original Powerpro in moss green or high vis yellow is my favorite.....

H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Default Ask Dr. H

Dr. H

I'm in desperate need of fishing and fellowship with some of the Red X crew.

I've been working all winter almost every weekend, preparing firewood for next year, breeding and skinning rabbits, setting up Bee hives, reassembling my greenhouse after hurricane winds and ice and snow. I could go on but I wouldn't want you to have to see the Dr. also. The list never stops.

My question is ;

I need a pond, a big pond. I could take my kayak out in the middle and anchor down. My rod with a bobber hanging off one side, and my banjo playing tunes from "The best of Flatt and Scruggs".

Now for the pond, local authorities and EPA don't see it my way. They want to tell me my land is not mine to do what I wish. They don't want me to capture runoff, to water my garden. I guess next buckets under my rabbits so they can't on the ground.

With a creek, half million sand bags and my Kubota tractor. What should I do?
    Island Man, JBassAssassin, and RouseD like this.

Red X Angler
    Let's go FISHIN'....

My dear Echerd,

I understand that as a simple mountain man you only come off the hill every decade or so for a Red X trip. So you seldom come in contact with the suit wearing bureaucratic types who love nothing more than to impinge on your freedom. Fear not. Dr H has dealt with these power hungry mongrels for 30 years. In fact I am one. Government officials love to tell us what we can't do and never volunteer what we can. But they are bound by written rules and you can find ways to accomplish your goal by creative measures. In your case I suggest visiting a local mining operation and, following a healthy round of Mason jar inspections, hire a couple of boys to use those monster sized trucks to haul a few thousand yards of overburden and gravel to your property on nightly excursions. Build your property level UP 8 feet or so except for the acre you wish to fish in. Be sure to grade it so there is both shallow water for spawning as well as a deep end for winter survival. You have not dug a pond, you have improved drainage and soil stabilization. They can't do a thing about it. As an added safety measure place a speaker in a tree on the road leading to your place. A little Foggy Mountain Breakdown should help encourage a rapid U-turn with any approaching government vehicles.

Dr. H

Sound advice....................and a little 10-10-10 won't hurt either. Southern States will tell you when the next fish tanker is passing through. You could help his bio carbon upload by lightening the load on the truck..............somehow or another.
    froggy waters, and RouseD like this.

I follow my own Blog
    Man can build a lake, but only God can make a river

However the authorities frown highly on the world pond. The phrase """" irrigation retention area for agriculture purposes """ seems to fall under different jurisdiction in NC and deemed a permissible method of construction for such devices. As well as ""sedimentary run off control device "" ""watershed improvements for the reduction of runoff. ""The last was a government funded method in our area to reduce creek flooding an erosion. They assist with the expense of that. When I return to working for the man on Monday I will make some inquiries. On your behalf . Which county is it I need clarification on

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RED X ANGLER

Although I would love to have a pond, I was only trying to get this thread going again. Love reading what the Dr. H prescribes.
    h2ohhh, quest4reds, and RouseD like this.

Red X Angler
    Let's go FISHIN'....

Quote Originally Posted by Echerd View Post
    Although I would love to have a pond, I was only trying to get this thread going again. Love reading what the Dr. H prescribes.
    There are many in need of help in answering life's mysteries and quandaries. Men struggle asking. Seeking council should never make one feel shamed or any less a man. As I enter the sunset of my illustriously mundane existence I implore those with questions to seek out the answers so they do not go into the ground with me. Do not ask what a Miley Cyrus is. That one has me stumped.

Default Ask Dr. H

Dear Dr. H,

Every time a Red X event is posted I get all excited and post about it all the way up until 3 days before the event. Then I cancel because the wife, the kids, the mommy, the job, the dog and other living objects dominate my life. What do I do?

Sincerely,

Will Knotcommit.

Dear Knothead,

Nice to be there for the needs of others. It's what men do. However, real men draw the line at postponing fishing trips with the incredibly friendly, warm and helpful Red X'rs.

They now have special bathroom rules for you though...

Dr. H

Quote Originally Posted by h2ohhh View Post
    Dear Dr. H,

Every time a Red X event is posted I get all excited and post about it all the way up until 3 days before the event. Then I cancel because the wife, the kids, the mommy, the job, the dog and other living objects dominate my life. What do I do?

Sincerely,

Will Knotcommit.

Dear Knothead,

Nice to be there for the needs of others. It's what men do. However, real men draw the line at postponing fishing trips with the incredibly friendly, warm and helpful Red X'rs.

They now have special bathroom rules for you though...

Dr. H
    Shoot you're making me want to quit my job and go just to keep y'all company haha.
    RouseD likes this.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

Funny even though it stings just a bit. After missing Kerr Scott last year, I can't imagine doing it again. I missed the event last year in order to witness the induction of my SIL into the family. I am just glad it isn't me that will be watching for the Kerr Scott M&G each year, wondering if it will fall on the same weekend as an Anniversary?

Darrell
    GreyGhost, and RouseD like this.

Red X Angler

Weddings, funerals, severe illness and truly unexpected and special events are the exception. The Dr. is referring to multiple repeat offenders.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

Still not convinced that the wedding couldn't have been adjusted to a different weekend, or that it would not have been just as nice on the point of Bandits Roost with the lake for a backdrop.

Darrell

Red X Angler

Oh, the lives we lead as Red X ers. It's tough, but the tough Red X ers will eventually overcome.

Not good to see that Dr H is a bit sad, but no doubt he'll get over it quickly. Also, the way Dr H's mind works, he will be even better at helping others.
    ChltBnks, dbeam, and GreyGhost like this.

RED X ANGLER

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements