Ask Dr. H - Page 20
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Ask Dr. H

Dear Dr. H,

I am thinking about pursuing a Master's Degree in Fine Art. I'm curious of your definition of the same.

Sincerely,

Artie Phartzee

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Dear Dr. H2O,

Why are some fisherman so scared of the rain?
    "Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been"
    Red X Angler

Quote Originally Posted by h2ohhh View Post
    Dear Dr. H,

I am thinking about pursuing a Master's Degree in Fine Art. I'm curious of your definition of the same.

Sincerely,

Artie Phartzee

Dear Artful Workdodger,

Iím sure your decision to drop 50k on that degree will pay off in spades with that sought after career, especially if you get a loan and have it forgiven by some left wing psycho from California.

As for my definition of fine art (and the Dr owns some), there is great talent in portraying renditions of that which comforts us. I enjoy my landscape and nature oil paintings as well as prints of a great photographer. I donít however understand Ďartí which looks like anything a 3rd grader can do, or anyone on acid. Here are some examples of both fine art and great artists.

You get the idea. But the reason you will likely never make a living in fine art is because none of it compares to the visual gifts that we, as outdoorsman receive, in living color and gratis from the greatest artist of all.

[

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GreyGhost likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lostnwilderness View Post
    Dear Dr. H2O,

Why are some fisherman so scared of the rain?
    Dear lost and wild,

The doctor does not fault those who insist on constant comfort for their outdoor activities. It is a lifestyle choice similar to declaring ones sexual identity. Perhaps they don't want their hair to become mussed or muddy up their new Birkenstocks. Then there's the danger in driving in hazardous conditions which also necessitate getting that new F250 Diesel 4x4 with all the Salt Life and various lure manufacturers stickers dirty. Plus that recent pedicure may be ruined. They can watch fishing shows featuring Justin Beiber in a speedo catching pinfish with a guide on the 75" 5G UHD Panoramic Voice Activated device from their recliner instead.

They may even be unaware that rain results in rising streams which wash bait from banks and bugs from trees which turn on the biggest trout in the area. But I'm not. It's going to rain this weekend and the waters are low. I'll see you in the mountains Friday morning.

Dr H

lostnwilderness, and plowboy0051 like this.

"with all the Salt Life"

BEST RESPONSE EVER!!!!!
    Red X Angler

Dear Dr. H,

My son gets an allowance every week for his chores, and we often get pizza delivery or takeout Chinese which can be $20-30+.

My question is not about all of that, though I am sure I will get an ear-full about it. But in the context of above - so what is the big deal about occasionally getting a $4.99 pack of Zoom baits?

Dr. J

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Dear Dr. H,

My son gets an allowance every week for his chores, and we often get pizza delivery or takeout Chinese which can be $20-30+.

My question is not about all of that, though I am sure I will get an ear-full about it. But in the context of above - so what is the big deal about occasionally getting a $4.99 pack of Zoom baits?

Dr. J
    Dear Dr J,

First of all it is an honor to have a great star write me. You were my favorite player back in the 70's and 80's when hoops was a real sport. You were ahead of your time. And the fact that you have a young family at your age proves your physical gift.

No issues with the Chinese or Italian food. It's important to support the cultures from prior immigration floods. The Chinese labored incredibly hard to build America's railways in the mid 1800's. Without them there would be no Moo Goo Gaipan or cheap toys and furniture with a one year life expectancy. The Italians came later during the great depression era. Dr H's grandparents came then and lived in Little Italy in NYC. They were great Mason's whose architecture still marvels folks in major metropolitan areas. Without the Italians there would be no Fried Calamari, Bookies, Garbage Collection, Vegas, those fine citizens from 'The Jersey Shore', Frank Sinatra or Gina Lollobrigida.

There are issues with your $5 purchase of soft plastics however. These types of errors are exactly why the Dr. dispenses sage advice. We must learn of prudent shopping techniques from the experts. Namely, women! Instead of the regular effort to drop a fiver on a pack you must shop in BULK on a less frequent basis. To maximize the effort drive however far it takes to get to an Academy Sports. Don't go online, go to the store. They have lots of unadvertised clearance items and Zoom baits are an example of a regular one with pricing from $2-4. Wander each and every aisle in the right half of the store as you enter (fishing, camping, kayaks and guns). All Star and Falcon rods are a must check as are Columbia and Under Armour fishing shirts. Load up the buggy. Do this on payday...it's virtually impossible to escape for less than $150. Skip a grocery shopping trip if need be..she wants Chinese and Pizza all the time anyway. Use your phone to calculate your savings, provided you can find it amongst all those apps. They will be substantial. Tell your significant other how much you saved, NOT how much you spent. If you're really emboldened then take her with you and send her to the left side of the store. They have over 6,000 pairs of shoes and lots of ladies wear and all the kids stuff. But be warned. She will match your expenditure if you use this ploy. You can repeat this every three months. If questions arise then be sure to let her know you have bought nothing in many months.

Don't forget the Flukes in White Ice and the incredible 4" Zoom Lizards in Watermelon. Academy's H2O brand of crankbaits are excellent and inexpensive too. Happy Father's Day!!

Dr. H

lostnwilderness likes this.

Don't forget Beretta!
    Red X angler

Quote Originally Posted by slickrocktom View Post
    Don't forget Beretta!
    I used to work Winters around the gun bar. Not because I needed the money...I needed the 20% discount which even applied to clearance items. My gun safe is full.

Dr. H,

Dr. J was indeed an amazing player though I always loathed watching basketball. It is a game with great promise that is diminished by its own rules. Any sport that revolves around watching for fouls and dunking for Sportscenter has lost its way. Also, don't forget that though Dr. J was a great and influential player, he played for Philly which certainly might hurt his standing in the sports world. The Declaration of Independence may have been signed there, but his fans probably booed Santa Claus and threw beer bottles at the other team's fans.

We all are in awe at the infinite wisdom and experience you have shared with us concerning our stocks of soft plastic Zoom baits and it is imperative that we don't allow that inventory get too low. We should instead endeavor in lowering Academy's inventory by all necessary means of strategy and matrimonial subterfuge.

But in retrospect this issue reveals a deep personal flaw - if I am buying one $4.99 pack of Zoom baits only occasionally, then I am clearly not fishing enough. This may need to be rectified before starting on a new journey towards fiscal Zoom responsibility.

Dr. J
    h2ohhh likes this.

Angler Member
    Kayak Angler

^ Win!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I watched him when he played for the NY Nets in the ABA. But really I was a Knicks fan and the 69 Knicks were the best team I ever saw. I was also a Giants season ticket holder who locked an Eagles fan in a porta Jon using a nail in the parking lot of the Meadowlands so I share your sentiment Dr J.

Yo H Man,

Why does it seem everyone now-a-days gets their boxershorts in a wad? Why have we as a society become so easily oooffendable?
    GreyGhost likes this.

Red X Angler

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Yo H Man,

Why does it seem everyone now-a-days gets their boxershorts in a wad? Why have we as a society become so easily oooffendable?
    Really looking forward to Dr. H reply on this subject. If only I could return to 1960 time era when free love and concerts with a high dollar wine such Boones Farm with a shot of Mad Dog and a fine smoke was freely passed around.

Old Coot Red X Angler With A Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14

Yo H Man,

Dear Yo-Yo,

I take exception to your defamation of my proper title. It cost me a lot of money to obtain my many PhD's and that doesn't include the tuition costs. It was pay to play at my alma mater, Whutzsamatter U., in Little Rock, Arkansas where a famous political family first invented the idea.

That said you bring up a salient point regarding undergarment discomfort (Boxer shorts is a derogatory term inferring that those who wear them have been hit in the head too often) caused by the supposed maturation of society. Examples are endless. Folks are no longer gay, they are members of the LGBT community. The African American is no longer a Black person much less a Negro or even Colored, though nobody has yet to sue the NAACP over that one. Illegal immigrants are now Undocumented immigrants. Women are no longer Babe, Honey or Sweetie yet those working at the Waffle House call men that and while we lose our appetite when they do we are not offended. My Canine Inhabitant Petey is demanding that I no longer refer to him as a Dog, much less a Mutt. It is no longer safe to communicate. Have your vocal cords removed. It's cheaper than when those dirtbag lawyers (still permissible) get through with you.

As for the GreyOnes comment concerning the 60's, I don't remember much of those years, much less the 70's. So pass the Mad Canine Inhabitant 20/20, twist up a weight challenged herbal supplement and call me whatever you want.

Dr H

GreyGhost, and plowboy0051 like this.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements