Ask Dr. H - Page 21
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021

Thread: Ask Dr. H

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Quote Originally Posted by h2ohhh View Post

As for the GreyOnes comment concerning the 60's, I don't remember much of those years, much less the 70's. So pass the Mad Canine Inhabitant 20/20, twist up a weight challenged herbal supplement and call me whatever you want.

Dr H

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    After reading this post by the all wise Dr. H of memories of long past days that I still retain somehow in my mind has me thinking of a reliving a past experience of youth and hair. Gentlemen or what ever we are called now I suggest renting a farm pasture with a creek for bathing and a old flat bed trailer for a band that played the music of the times. To keep cost to a minimum Bethel New York would be replaced with a pasture on the New River preferably during the warm months for bathing and catching dinner.

Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    After reading this post by the all wise Dr. H of memories of long past days that I still retain somehow in my mind has me thinking of a reliving a past experience of youth and hair. Gentlemen or what ever we are called now I suggest renting a farm pasture with a creek for bathing and a old flat bed trailer for a band that played the music of the times. To keep cost to a minimum Bethel New York would be replaced with a pasture on the New River preferably during the warm months for bathing and catching dinner.
    Where do I sign up??
    GreyGhost, and h2ohhh like this.

The Dr, in a study on the effect of mind altering chemicals on the female body, went to Watkins Glen in 73 on a Honda 750. There were half a million subjects there at the racetrack. Allman Brothers and the Greatful Dead played...I think. Wasn’t paying much attention as I was focused on my research project Honey Goeasy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GreyGhost likes this.

H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

[QUOTE=h2ohhh;1213877]The Dr, in a study on the effect of mind altering chemicals on the female body, went to Watkins Glen in 73 on a Honda 750. There were half a million subjects there at the racetrack. Allman Brothers and the Greatful Dead played...I think. Wasn’t paying much attention as I was focused on my research project Honey Goeasy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

I can’t even remember how many different Honey Goeasy in the creek must less on land that were available or how many tents,buses I woke up in with 1 or 2 fine flower child’s. Hendricks and Joplin was a must listen to with smoke vapor trails swirling in the air. Now if Dr H and I had know each other back then the stories would never be let out and kept in a safe by Vinny.
    h2ohhh likes this.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Default Ask Dr. H

Honda was a sweet ride back then and always had a super looking foxes riding back seat. The choices of fine half dressed smoking women plentiful and ready to play would warp your mind. If it had never ended you would find me still there enjoying peace and love for all. Dang I make a great hippie why in the cruel world did I leave this land of enchantet.
    h2ohhh likes this.

Dear Dr H,

I've made a lot of money in my life and saved most of it. As I reach my golden years I need to get my will together. I have 3 kids, a wife and 4 girlfriends, the latter of which are all recently retired NFL cheerleaders. Any suggestions on division of assets?

Sincerely,

C. Allis Overload

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

I have been patiently waiting for someone to reach out to Dr H for help. This should be some really good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by h2ohhh View Post
    Dear Dr H,

I've made a lot of money in my life and saved most of it. As I reach my golden years I need to get my will together. I have 3 kids, a wife and 4 girlfriends, the latter of which are all recently retired NFL cheerleaders. Any suggestions on division of assets?

Sincerely,

C. Allis Overload

Dear Sperm Whale,

While you should be proud of your success you are not realizing the damage you will cause to your family by saving a fortune. It very well may turn out to be a misfortune! While there's nothing wrong with money itself, the LOVE of money is truly the root of all evil. Normally nice folks turn nasty for it. Murders have occurred. Families fight, are divided and don't talk for years. Slug lawyers have great careers stealing it as a result of family claims. And even worse, your heirs don't learn how to make their own way, they blow through the inheritance and blame the world from a homeless shelter.

But since you were smart enough to ask the Dr. (Who walked away from a share of a million dollar inheritance) it's not too late to right your wrong. Here's how.

Invest a sum that will provide a nice stipend for the wife and kids. Make sure they legally can't get to the principal but covers a modest lifestyle. Then take up fishing. Start modestly with a fully rigged 44 foot Contender replete with crew. Take weeklong trips to exotic locales around the world. Start your own charity and keep the money from going to 'administrative' bloodsuckers. One that helps veterans for example. Walk around and perform simple acts of kindness...buy a struggling single mother groceries, or a reliable car for a kid who needs a way to work. Build a new church. Make a difference. You'll die a happy man.

You can send the three cheerleaders to Dr. H's Home for Wayward Cabaret Performers.

Dr H

agger, Daze823, GreyGhost, and quest4reds like this.

Dr. H.

I moved here from Pennsylvania many years ago, and I have grown addicted to saltwater fishing. I try to get over there whenever I can, but that is 4-5 hours away. It is Fall and all I hear about is the great Fall fishing at the coast. However, I teach college and I am a parent. My work schedule, and my kid's school and sports schedule gets jacked up during the fall, and it is very difficult to get away for weekend trips to the coast. Summers are more open but I don't want to confine my saltwater fishing to just the hot pinfish and lizardfish bite. What's a fellow "Dr" to do?

Dr. J.
    h2ohhh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Dr. H.

I moved here from Pennsylvania many years ago, and I have grown addicted to saltwater fishing. I try to get over there whenever I can, but that is 4-5 hours away. It is Fall and all I hear about is the great Fall fishing at the coast. However, I teach college and I am a parent. My work schedule, and my kid's school and sports schedule gets jacked up during the fall, and it is very difficult to get away for weekend trips to the coast. Summers are more open but I don't want to confine my saltwater fishing to just the hot pinfish and lizardfish bite. What's a fellow "Dr" to do?

Dr. J.
    Dear Docked J,

Men are put on this Earth to suffer. Responsible men, anyway. In your case the obvious answer would be to move closer to the coast but I imagine there are other constraints. Maybe parents or in laws living in the same area or the frankly unfounded fear of your kids leaving their friends and school and having to re-adjust to another location. But rejoice! Dr. H has a plan. Trailers and Campers!

One of my closest friends, Big Dave, is a professor of engineering at UNC-Charlotte. Far from the coast. He lives in the Piedmont and leads a compatively modest lifestyle. He does some consulting as a sideline for extra Benjamin's. He bought a very nice mobile home within 5 minutes of the ocean and salt marsh. He also has a camper bought for a bargain price stashed on 8 acres on the side of a mountain minutes from the New River in Ashe County in the midst of outstanding smallmouth and trout country. Like all engineers he is anal about his planning. One of the detractions of buying a condo on the beach or a cabin in the hills is both the cost and those pesky in laws wanting to use it all the time. He avoided both of those through his choice of a 'trailer' and camper yet has quite a valuable asset. Location, location, location. While you will have to plan family vacations you also are acclimating the wife and kids who will make new friends there, and they will then care less if you're off trolling for Spanish. While these family trips initially hamper your fishing time you will also need to make regular solo trips for 'upkeep'. On the last day of your fun family vacation, spray 'fertilizer' on your lawn using Round Up. You will have to return solo for 'mowing'. The only tall grass you will see is the Cortina grass in the marsh. Throw a breaker to kill the lights in a bedroom. Another trip is required for re-wiring. The only wiring you will do is on your line for the epic fall chopper blue bite. Forecasts for incoming tropical depressions are your friend. Go a week prior to their expected arrival to 'secure' the homestead. You will secure a bunch or reds. A second visit to evaluate damage will be required following the storm at which time you can evaluate the MR-17 for Specks (they hit it on the 'pause' by the way).

And don't worry about missing some sporting events of your kids. My father, a 2 time All American shortstop at NC State, never came to my games as he knew it put extra pressure on me.

Plan your 'work' and work your plan.

Dr H

Dear Dr. H,

Recently when working on cars, tractors or just things around the home, I find myself drawn to the power of the 10mm wrench and socket. It is like the duct tape of the mechanical world - it makes everything work... I was going fishing with my Uncle, who will remain un-named for his protection, but is the fixer of things and welds a mighty leatherman, and referenced a spot near the dam. Being aware of my infatuation with the 10mm, he interpreted (dam) as a Decametre attempted a full out southern exorcism on me. Screaming, flailing around and telling the metric demons “to be gone from him” he called upon the angels of 8ths and 16ths for aid. After ascertaining that the metric demons would not willingly be vanquished – he went all out and called to the almighty power of the 64ths… I am still unsure whether he succeed in a Fraction of what he was attempting to accomplish. So my question to you is this a Standard practice? Is there any Imperial evidence that this ritual will have any effect? I have thought for years that this may be the underlying principle issue regarding the discrepancies as to varying accounts of the exact size of my birth fathers fabled 3.829 poundogram Spotted Bass…
    "Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been"
    Red X Angler

Quote Originally Posted by lostnwilderness View Post
    Dear Dr. H,

Recently when working on cars, tractors or just things around the home, I find myself drawn to the power of the 10mm wrench and socket. It is like the duct tape of the mechanical world - it makes everything work... I was going fishing with my Uncle, who will remain un-named for his protection, but is the fixer of things and welds a mighty leatherman, and referenced a spot near the dam. Being aware of my infatuation with the 10mm, he interpreted (dam) as a Decametre attempted a full out southern exorcism on me. Screaming, flailing around and telling the metric demons “to be gone from him” he called upon the angels of 8ths and 16ths for aid. After ascertaining that the metric demons would not willingly be vanquished – he went all out and called to the almighty power of the 64ths… I am still unsure whether he succeed in a Fraction of what he was attempting to accomplish. So my question to you is this a Standard practice? Is there any Imperial evidence that this ritual will have any effect? I have thought for years that this may be the underlying principle issue regarding the discrepancies as to varying accounts of the exact size of my birth fathers fabled 3.829 poundogram Spotted Bass…
    Dear Stranger,

It's nice to know that my ******* child still lives. It appears that he prefers spending most of his free time with his Uncle hence contact has been limited to say the least. Not that I blame you as Uncle Leatherman is a kindly sort with extensive skills while your biological father can be a bit irascible and seems only competent at catching lizardfish and impregnating women of loose morals. Say hi to whatshername for me.

As to the metric demons that haunt your soul I suggest an exorcism of overseas products. This is a position your Uncle (whose political views are just to the right of Ghengis Kahn) certainly shares. While he plunged to the depth of the 64th in order to tame the 10, few have access to that solution. Folks don't realize that many standard nuts still exist (see 'Guffy') and that's because American products seldom need repair. And reducing the amount of repair time frees up fishing time...with .008 mm flies. BTW, your Uncle was present when the intergalactic record spotted beast was captured but he was in such awe of the fish that he did not think to measure it. It was right at 3 kilo's I think.

Dr. H

dbeam, GreyGhost, and lostnwilderness like this.

Suns out Guns Out! All I see is a cheeezzzy grin and a bicep about to pop! That is a good fish... For you!
    dbeam, GreyGhost, and h2ohhh like this.

"Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been"
    Red X Angler

16. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021