Ask Dr. H - Page 4
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Dr. H

Dear DR H....

Is there any truth to the rumor that you and Vegas Vinnie sank Jimmy Hoffa in concrete shoes in a best-unnamed lake in the Yadkin chain?
    GreyGhost, RouseD, and slickrocktom like this.

After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by biglenr View Post
    Dear DR H....

Is there any truth to the rumor that you and Vegas Vinnie sank Jimmy Hoffa in concrete shoes in a best-unnamed lake in the Yadkin chain?
    and then pretended to be upset about it (creating artificial gReef )...
    GreyGhost, h2ohhh, and RouseD like this.

-Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Echerd View Post
    Dr. H

A question that has bewildered me for a couple of years now.
    A fishing trip to famous watering hole of Mr. Raymond Vandam Wells.
    We were fishing for the elusive big mouth bass.
    On several occasions Mr. VanDam would snag and land a nice fish. I would follow him around like a puppy, noticing every lure he hooked to that little snap swivel. I would try to mimic his every move. But through trial and error and to no avail I could not get anything but those Crappie fighters, sun perch and horny heads. Then he threw across me and my yak whipped his rod down and around and drug out a 5lb big mouth bass. Needless to say that I was poed. (Not really) I thought for minute looked at my watch and headed for the truck.
    This has happened on other occasions also but we'll not go into those, you get my drift.
    I love the chance to fish Mr. VanDam or be his photographer but I need some help. ??????

(==) ===='=::}
    Dear Mr. Echerd,

Fishing is as much about confidence as ability. That said, each human is gifted in some degree more than others. Cam Newton is a gifted athlete. But we can all play football. Jimmy Johnson is a gifted driver. But we can all drive. Raymond Van Dam Wells is a gifted fisherman even though we can all fish. Sometimes we just have to accept these things....but not always. Sometimes you have to employ tactics developed by Dr. H to overcome our lack of God-given ability. Namely, we cheat. An example of this was the New River Trip a few years back when Raymond caught by far the largest smallie of the day. Judge H was conducting his review of photo entries from contestants at the time that Raymond arrived. It was 6:01 p.m. Raymond was immediately disqualified for missing the 'weigh in' deadline as specified in the non existing rule book. Granted it's hard to do this to a guy as nice as Raymond, but all's fair in love, war and fishing. At another New River trip, Dr. H caught a nice smallie (a rarity in itself), gave it to young Pondhopper (who was about 12 at the time) and took his picture with it. Guess who beat Ray out on that trip? If it makes you feel better I'm sure you're a better banjo player than Ray is. You may want to start fishing with less gifted fishermen to avoid damage to your ego. I'm available.

Dr. H

H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by biglenr View Post
    Dear DR H....

Dear Mr. Big,

You are referring to the LATE Vegas Vinnie who met his demise at Butner Prison following the rainout of last years New River Event.

There is absolutely no truth to the Jimmy Hoffa burial in the Yadkin River chain of lakes. He's in the Catawba.

Dr. H
    dbeam, Lucky Doug, and RouseD like this.

Nothing worse than an old doctor, even though I do like his prescriptions. You old coot, look at post #44. I feel like I am being black listed.
    GreyGhost, and NCPIERMAN like this.

RED X ANGLER

Quote Originally Posted by RouseD View Post
    That is what another red X Angler told me you would say. Can't divulge the name, but he is married to a lovely Russian woman. By the way, he may also need your help. He is down and out for the moment with back issues (most likely, you'll give him the same prescription). Should have listened to him, but wanted to wait for an official answer from Dr H 1st. Due to the large number of great questions from other members, it is me who should be apologizing to you. I'll have to borrow money for my next fishing adventure.
    Dear Ancient One,

I did not miss this post. Nor did I miss that you were writing about PapaDave. While he is one of my favorite Red X'rs I wondered two things:

1) Where is the question? The name of the thread is ASK Dr. H.
    2) If there is a question, is our friend so incapacitated that he must channel his communications through you?
    3) Perhaps he should refrain from participating in Russian sports, such as bear wrestling.

Dr. H

Quote Originally Posted by h2ohhh View Post
    Dear RouseD,

I apologize but due to the overwhelming success of the 'Ask Dr. H' thread I somehow missed your question. I hope you have not spent money going to the doctor yet as I can provide an effective cure.

Get youself a quart of ^%*((, mix it with two tablespoons of *#$)). Repeat twice per day. Problem solved.

Dr. H
    Rumored to be available if you come vist me and Darell this spring.... Also available if you respond to my email about coming down and bum fishing with you and the flinger of flies around the first of May.....
    dbeam, and RouseD like this.

"Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been"
    Red X Angler

Dr. H,

What is the cure for chronic skunkitis while temperatures are below 50 degrees?

Tapatalk - Galaxy S4
    MOFISH, and RouseD like this.

Gene - Red X ​- Asheboro

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

Quote Originally Posted by lostnwilderness View Post
    Rumored to be available if you come vist me and Darell this spring.... Also available if you respond to my email about coming down and bum fishing with you and the flinger of flies around the first of May.....
    ROAD TRIP

Darrell
    lostnwilderness, MOFISH, and RouseD like this.

Red X Angler

Quote Originally Posted by Fish_Fiend View Post
    Dr. H,

What is the cure for chronic skunkitis while temperatures are below 50 degrees?

Tapatalk - Galaxy S4
    Dear FF,

I am glad to see we have started focusing on medical issues. RouseD's cold, Papa Dave's back injury, albeit second hand news and now the common, yet dreaded chronic skunkitis at cold temperatures. There are three known cures. The first involves a winter foray to Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. There you can rid the skunk with a tin can and baling wire. Second is a difficult medicine to endure. Complete abstinence from fishing until May. I do not recommend this alternative due to the side effects which include false casting with a shovel handle in Walmart; tying double uni-knots with the tails of both your dogs and dumping your kids goldfish in the tub and fishing topwater with a back brush, floss and a Chug Bug imitation carved from Ivory soap. The 3rd and my personal favorite is inviting Jamie Lee Pressley to accompany you. You won't care about not catching fish then....

Dr. H

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by h2ohhh View Post
    Dear Mr. Pierman,

Finally as to what is at the end of an oyster bed....it's the Red-board of course.

Dr. H
    ​Oh i see so that wasn't knee deep mud that A REALLY WISE OLD drum fisherman was stuck in and yolonda was always a cutie
    GreyGhost, MOFISH, and RouseD like this.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Oh Great transplanted yankee, I have a two part question.....

1. Do fish feel pain? I have never heard a trout scream, laugh at my offerings maybe, but never scream, I have also had a catfish growl at me, but was it screaming

2. Did having the equivalent population of Spokane, WA floating down the New River have any affect on the success of my first, ( and only) Red X float trip ? I remember it well. Froggy Waters tried to take out some of the participants ( Me ) with a sinking kayak. I think he should be disqualified for any future prizes.
    dbeam, froggy waters, MOFISH, and RouseD like this.

Red X angler

Quote Originally Posted by NCPIERMAN View Post
    ​Oh i see so that wasn't knee deep mud that A REALLY WISE OLD drum fisherman was stuck in and yolonda was always a cutie
    I really do have the picture of you emerging from the muck. Don't tempt me....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

hahahahahaha too funny
    dbeam, GreyGhost, MOFISH, and RouseD like this.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Dear Dr. H,

My friend just had a a bouncing baby girl (7 lbs 4 oz.. ). I was invited to the bi-gender baby shower but was fortunate enough to come down with too much work. Not having shown up for the shower and wanting to do something nice for them.. I was thinking of a remington 870 as a welcome to being a dad of a future teen age girl gift (knowing myself as a teenager.. this seems like a good idea). any input would be welcome.
    dbeam, GreyGhost, RouseD, and slickrocktom like this.

"You no longer see water, You only see where fish live...." J. Berman
    Red X Angler

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast