Ask Dr. H - Page 5
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Dr. H

No question Dr H. I was just looking for an acknowledgement on my statements. No need to call my friend to tell him your prescription. We've already discussed that.
    Post # 44 was more of an apology for disregarding so many questions to Dr H.

Quote Originally Posted by h2ohhh View Post
    Dear Ancient One,

I did not miss this post. Nor did I miss that you were writing about PapaDave. While he is one of my favorite Red X'rs I wondered two things:

1) Where is the question? The name of the thread is ASK Dr. H.
    2) If there is a question, is our friend so incapacitated that he must channel his communications through you?
    3) Perhaps he should refrain from participating in Russian sports, such as bear wrestling.

Dr. H
    dbeam, GreyGhost, and MOFISH like this.

RED X ANGLER

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Dear DR H

I have 2 questions !
    #1- Can you see into the future, and if so, how many Red-X-Angler m&g's will we have this year ?
    #2- When is this Global Worming thing suppose to kick in ?
    I'm getting so ready for wormer weather !!!!!
    Fish_Fiend, GreyGhost, and RouseD like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlinsrus View Post
    Dear Dr. H,

My friend just had a a bouncing baby girl (7 lbs 4 oz.. ). I was invited to the bi-gender baby shower but was fortunate enough to come down with too much work. Not having shown up for the shower and wanting to do something nice for them.. I was thinking of a remington 870 as a welcome to being a dad of a future teen age girl gift (knowing myself as a teenager.. this seems like a good idea). any input would be welcome.
    Dear Mr. AMC Gremlin,

While I like your thought process I do not believe the 870 to be an appropriate gift. While a venerable proven weapon, it does not sound as if it would be useful to the child's father. Any man who would attend a baby shower replete with a bevy of hens clacking their gums over Pampers and Enfamil is of questionable gender himself. You would be contributing more to the child's chastity by teaching her to shoot when she is old enough as I have done with my now 19 year old daughter. Then she can take care of herself while her dad is home crocheting. A Sig P238 .380 or a Walther PPK .22 for the young lass would be a fine gift indeed.

As for your missing the event due to 'work'....I hope the fish were biting!

Dr. H

uploadfromtaptalk1395409945950.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    RouseD likes this.

H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Administrators / Moderator's I vote for a sticky on this thread.... Too much deep wisdom, knowledge and insight. It would be a crime against humanity to have this accidentally lost to the chronicles of old retired threads….

"Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been"
    Red X Angler

Quote Originally Posted by lostnwilderness View Post
    Administrators / Moderator's I vote for a sticky on this thread.... Too much deep wisdom, knowledge and insight. It would be a crime against humanity to have this accidentally lost to the chronicles of old retired threads….
    It's a veritable WackoPedia...

-Andy

Quote Originally Posted by MOFISH View Post
    Dear DR H
    Pun Intended? Thats pretty slick
    dbeam, Lucky Doug, and RouseD like this.

“I marvel how the fishes live in the sea.
    Why, as men do a-land; the great ones eat up the little ones.”
    William Shakespeare

Dear Dr. H,

Is a bad day fishing truly better than a good day at work? I am pretty sure this is not true, at least in my case. Sometimes when i go fishing, i will get upset before i can even exit my vehicle. (i.e.; too many boats at the ramp, wind is blowing too hard, or i forgot something important at home.) Other than that, you always have the noob tourist sitting in my spot, constant heckling by the DMF when they should be heckling real criminals, and those other guys who choose to use large sections of rope (the "n" word) to catch fish, after they scare them in to a tight circle using the noisiest methods possible.

Take into effect: i work in the medical field, so a good day at work can be mind blowingly wonderful. Imagine getting paid to do almost nothing but look good in a pair of pajamas, while being surrounded by beautiful women all day who endlessly fight for your attention. That is just a normal day at work, so a good day could be epic.
    "Dem Neuse River Boys"
    Ocean Kayak/Johnson Outdoors Pro Staff, Team FINS fishing

Quote Originally Posted by MOFISH View Post
    Dear DR H

I have 2 questions !
    #1- Can you see into the future, and if so, how many Red-X-Angler m&g's will we have this year ?
    #2- When is this Global Worming thing suppose to kick in ?
    Dear Mr. Mo,

Thank you for writing 'Ask Dr. H'.

Question 1. No, I cannot see into the future. In fact at my age I can't even see in the present. I tie leaders onto my braid by feel. But I can still answer your query regarding how many Red X meet and greets there will be this year.......not enough.

Question 2. According to the inventor of the internet and spokesperson for both the Popiel Pocket Fisherman and The Helicopter Lure, Al Gore, says that the first signs of Global Worming have begun already. 'Have you noticed all the robins recently showing up in your yard?' said Al. 'This is proof that the change in the environment has caused billions of worms to move towards the surface, devouring everything in site with their little worm mouths'. 'Even more scary are the numbers currently visible after rain and there are Giant flesh eating worms that come out only at night on our lawns only we can't see them because, you know, its dark out.'

Dr. H

RouseD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    Dear Dr. H,

Is a bad day fishing truly better than a good day at work? I am pretty sure this is not true, at least in my case. Sometimes when i go fishing, i will get upset before i can even exit my vehicle. (i.e.; too many boats at the ramp, wind is blowing too hard, or i forgot something important at home.) Other than that, you always have the noob tourist sitting in my spot, constant heckling by the DMF when they should be heckling real criminals, and those other guys who choose to use large sections of rope (the "n" word) to catch fish, after they scare them in to a tight circle using the noisiest methods possible.

Take into effect: i work in the medical field, so a good day at work can be mind blowingly wonderful. Imagine getting paid to do almost nothing but look good in a pair of pajamas, while being surrounded by beautiful women all day who endlessly fight for your attention. That is just a normal day at work, so a good day could be epic.
    Dear Mr. Whitey,

It sounds like you have a great job, no doubt about it. This is important considering the amount of our lives we spend working (well, except for NCpierman). But better than fishing? I don't care if Sofia Vegara in a nurses outfit wants to elevate my heart rate...I still prefer fishing. I do understand your frustrations though. I suggest you raid the pharmacy at your workplace to alter your perspective.

Dr. H

Echerd, ecufisherman, Lucky Doug, and RouseD like this.

No way! Those hospital drugs are way too dangerous. I may just raid Colorado instead

"Dem Neuse River Boys"
    Ocean Kayak/Johnson Outdoors Pro Staff, Team FINS fishing

Quote Originally Posted by slickrocktom View Post
    Oh Great transplanted yankee, I have a two part question.....

1. Do fish feel pain? I have never heard a trout scream, laugh at my offerings maybe, but never scream, I have also had a catfish growl at me, but was it screaming

2. Did having the equivalent population of Spokane, WA floating down the New River have any affect on the success of my first, ( and only) Red X float trip ? I remember it well. Froggy Waters tried to take out some of the participants ( Me ) with a sinking kayak. I think he should be disqualified for any future prizes.
    Dear Mr. Slick,

Fish do NOT feel pain. FisherMEN are another story. I was raised trout fishing and also have never heard one scream or even whimper. I have, however, heard Mrs. H scream as I fumbled around for my hip boots in the wee hours. I've felt similar pain when she's demanded to know what 'Orvis' is and why the credit card balance went up $600. I've also felt pain accessing remote waters a billy goat would shy away from and having ice cold New York waters pour into my waders...in January...3 miles from the car. And your catfish was not screaming, it was purring. They like to be scratched around the pectoral fins.

I also feel pain at the mention of the second half of that particular float. In 15 years of floating that river I had never seen that. It looked like a floating rave party. As far as Froggy, he gave you a leaky yak as he saw you a threat. It is not the first time I have seen him do whatever it takes to gain advantage. He once told a first timer from down east that a 12 foot surf rod spooled with 80 pound mono, a wire leader and 6 oz. of weight was the way to go on the New.

Dr H

Hold up wait a minute let me put some froggy in it ....

I would have never put anyone on the water knowing the kayak had an issue . I am extremely sorry for that .. I would be glad to offer a float on my local waters for smallies largies or any of the many of the other species I have access to around here. As an apology .... but to the comments of misleading or falsified statements on marlin sized gear being needed. Guilty as charged. I might have tried to paddle in front of sir vandam wells a time or two to maintain a lead on him . possibly . I could also have recommended others carry six rods and use 10" soft plastics . But hopefully in comical fun

RED X ANGLER

Quote Originally Posted by froggy waters View Post
    Hold up wait a minute let me put some froggy in it ....

I would have never put anyone on the water knowing the kayak had an issue . I am extremely sorry for that .. I would be glad to offer a float on my local waters for smallies largies or any of the many of the other species I have access to around here. As an apology .... but to the comments of misleading or falsified statements on marlin sized gear being needed. Guilty as charged. I might have tried to paddle in front of sir vandam wells a time or two to maintain a lead on him . possibly . I could also have recommended others carry six rods and use 10" soft plastics . But hopefully in comical fun
    I'm sorry sir your response was not in the form of a question!

Tapatalk - Galaxy S4
    dbeam, froggy waters, GreyGhost, and h2ohhh like this.

Gene - Red X ​- Asheboro

Calling Dr H!!!!! Calling Dr H!!!!! You're on call and getting way behind.
    dbeam likes this.

RED X ANGLER

Quote Originally Posted by RouseD View Post
    Calling Dr H!!!!! Calling Dr H!!!!! You're on call and getting way behind.
    He's getting prepared. He's famous for his preparation...
    dbeam, GreyGhost, and RouseD like this.

-Andy

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast