PENN Battle 2000

Product: PENN Battle 2000

Default PENN Battle 2000

Product Manufacturer: Penn Reels
    Info can be seen here http://www.pennreels.com/products/re...g-reels/battle . Anyone using these? Or any of the Battle series. I recently bought one and haven't tried it yet. Been using Penn reels in the past as well, just like to see how it compares.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	10132505.jpg‎
Views:	2077
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	59882
    inafog likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thumbs up

Price Paid: $120
    Recommended: Yes
    Cons: none comes to mind
    Pros: -braid ready -great drag system - all metal body -ease of cleaning and servicing
    I'm starting my second season with my Battle and literally all I had to do is lube it and replace the mono with braid. My grandfather swore by his Penn reels and would not let anyone in the family go fishing with him unless we had Penns, the Battle has the same quality that he expected back then. The ht-100 drag system is super smooth and reliable. I use the combo mainly for jigging on a pier which means having a gold hook rig along with a diamond jig, I have no problems hooking and landing legal Spanish Mackeral's five at a time or fighting a hatteras blue.

Price Paid: 129
    Recommended: Yes
    Cons: Cheaper feel than other battles. Made in china. Not as quality of a feel as other size battles.
    Pros: Good drag. looks nice. Handles slot striped bass with ease. You can purchase combo with rod for ten dollars more than reel price.
    I own two 3000s and liked them so much i went and bought the 2000. When i got home i took the spool off and immeideatly lost a washer/spacer from underneath the spool. When taken apart, the reel is different from the way the battle 3000's are from what i could tell. I think this this reel has a much cheaper feel than the other battles. If it were me. i would go with another 3000 if i could do it again.
    Gremlinsrus, and Spider Crack like this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Price Paid: $85.00
    Recommended: No
    Cons: I have had 3 2000's and all 3 had broke bail springs after very little use. I do have 1 3000 that has not caused any problems. Penn is now made in China and it is no longer Penn quality. Do not buy based on what it used to be because they are cheap. I also have 2 penn 260 slammers that are falling apart and made in China. Noisy as can be after being serviced by Penn!
    Pros: Inexpensive. Light and cast braid extremely well. Easy to throw all day. Drag is not the best when landing a slot red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makoman View Post
    Info can be seen here http://www.pennreels.com/products/re...g-reels/battle . Anyone using these? Or any of the Battle series. I recently bought one and haven't tried it yet. Been using Penn reels in the past as well, just like to see how it compares.

Save yourself some time and frustration and buy a CI-4+ 2500 and be done with it.
    Aka: Inshorefisher

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements