Inshore 3 amigos and rock fish

Thread: 3 amigos and rock fish

Default 3 amigos and rock fish

another beautiful day fishin' with billy and kevin , caught 21 rock and several long nose gar . water temp reached 62 and caught on gulp jerk shads and zoom jerk shads / procure herring . man weighing fish at the boat ramp said our 2 were the only fish he had seen today , one 191/4 and one 20 1/2 inches .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSC01675.jpg‎
Views:	159
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	60391 Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSC01676.jpg‎
Views:	156
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	60392 Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSC01677.jpg‎
Views:	177
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	60393 Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSC01678.jpg‎
Views:	154
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	60394

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Curtis, I bass fish alot I was wondering how was the overall bass fishing was on Tar River Resavoir, I hav not fished there in 20 years

Now there we go.....a STATE FAN!!
    BORN 2 FISH...forced to work!!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dross1946 View Post
    Curtis, I bass fish alot I was wondering how was the overall bass fishing was on Tar River Resavoir, I hav not fished there in 20 years
    i live on sapony creek since 1975 , bass fishin can be good at times but i prefer buckhorne lake in wilson

MR. PELT YOU ARE DA MAN! WOW that is about all I can say, just WOW
    Please keep posting those pictures!
    oh yea, nice STATE hat the boys are wearing!

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic bob View Post
    mr. Pelt you are da man! Wow that is about all i can say, just wow
    please keep posting those pictures!
    Oh yea, nice state hat the boys are wearing!
    thanks , we just fish hard and keep lookin' til we find a few . Billy went to nc state , his 2 daughters went to unc and his wife's father was the voice of the duke blue devils for many years . So he has to wear many hats !!!lol
    2840-FISH, and RouseD like this.

Oh tell me about "Hats". We paid for all of the following: Me and the wife went to Michigan State, Son went to NC State, Daughter went to University of Chicago, then to Duke, now off to Cincinnati then to University of PA, Son-in-law teaches at Wright State, Daughter-in-law now works at Duke. So, many hat and such little time.
    But, really AWESOME job on the Stripers!
    Curtis Pelt, and RouseD like this.

Curtis i see where you have lived on the Tar River Resavoir sinch 1975, well then you know how good the fishing was back then, I heard the Lake almost went dry and the bass died out too is that true. Also talking about Buckhorn is it a tough lake I went there Last week and only caught 3 Small bass , I've about 5 time last 5 years and its always tough for me. Talked to a guy on the water there ladt wee and he said he caught 2 10 lbers last week.

Quote Originally Posted by dross1946 View Post
    curtis i see where you have lived on the tar river resavoir sinch 1975, well then you know how good the fishing was back then, i heard the lake almost went dry and the bass died out too is that true. Also talking about buckhorn is it a tough lake i went there last week and only caught 3 small bass , i've about 5 time last 5 years and its always tough for me. Talked to a guy on the water there ladt wee and he said he caught 2 10 lbers last week.
    rm tar was great in the early years after it was built , still alot of good fish still here but i catch bigger fish at buckhorne . Friend of mine caught over 30 lbs after not having a bite for 5 hours

Curtis great fishing. I actually caught a rock in the Trent River while using a marabou jig for crappie around pier pilings. Caught an LMB the same day on that same jig.

Curtis, I think I remember going by a lake when I went to your M&G in Wilson. Wasn't far from Parker's. What lake would that be, if it was a lake. I went to school at ACC in Wilson for one year, but didn't leave the campus much.
    RED X ANGLER

Quote Originally Posted by roused View Post
    curtis great fishing. I actually caught a rock in the trent river while using a marabou jig for crappie around pier pilings. Caught an lmb the same day on that same jig.

Curtis, i think i remember going by a lake when i went to your m&g in wilson. Wasn't far from parker's. What lake would that be, if it was a lake. I went to school at acc in wilson for one year, but didn't leave the campus much.
    could have been wiggins mill , was it on 301 just before you get to parkers ?

I am pretty sure that was it Curtis. I did get onto 301 business, and it was on my left. Just checked Google Earth, and that was it for sure. Thanks.
    RED X ANGLER

15. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements