We lost us a good one folks...

Thread: We lost us a good one folks...

Hybrid View

Default We lost us a good one folks...

Capt. Caleb Batson of the Cheerio Lady out of carolina beach passed away in a diving accident. I have great memories of my first ever trip to the bluewater years ago that got me hooked on offshore fishing. First time catching dolphin, groupers, and plenty of other bottom critters. Capt. Batson was a true professional that loved everything about what he did. When I went with him he operated without a first mate and worked extremely hard to give the best possible experience. RIP sir may your seas be flat and your groupers huge.

http://www.wect.com/story/27018637/d...carolina-beach
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	captcaleb2.jpg‎
Views:	223
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	66729 Click image for larger version.

Name:	captcaleb.jpg‎
Views:	214
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	66730
    Abert43, brickphil, c.lane, cmckearney, and dbeam like this.

Default Capt. Caleb Batson

I agree this is a tragic loss. Capt Caleb was a great guy and an excellent fisherman. I chartered with him one week before this incident. It was was my first time in deep water. He made it a great day where we hooked over 60 fish, 400-500lbs while trolling and bottom fishing. I was hooked because of the excellent experience he made sure we had. He was a young man with so much promise and passion. He made me laugh my a$& off with some fun comments he made when us 6 middle aged men were getting tired about 8 hours into the day. Before this tragic event occurred I knew I'd be laughing about those moments for a long time. Now I know I'll never forget those quips. Let's just say that I'll always remember Capt Caleb's wisdom about "It's time to put out.!" I'll be deep water fishing for many years to come because of the great introduction Capt. Caleb Batson gave me to this wonderful sport. I can never thank you enough. Peace for you forever, Capt Caleb. You will never be matched.
    dbeam, Mark27284, and NCStateFisher like this.