where do you church ?? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: where do you church ??

Glad Tidings Church in Morehead City; and our doors are open to visitors!
    Red X Angler "He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters." ~Ps. 18:16

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Church Alive in Fuquay-Varina NC

Quote Originally Posted by crabman00 View Post
    Grew up attending Ascension Catholic Church in Philadelphia. Graduated Ascension elementary school 55 years ago. Was married at the same Church 43 years ago. Moved to NC 39 years ago. Childhood neighborhood deteriorated along with the once beautiful church.
    Currently Holy Name Cathedral is being built in Raleigh. Turns out the Cathedral will be using 42 stained glass windows from my childhood church/school. Perhaps a message from above? Probably just a re-purpose of stained glass.
    http://science.unctv.org/content/ral...glass-new-life
    Finally complete and open.

http://m.wral.com/?action=asset&asset_id=16842265
    crabman00 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Crosslink in Mebane is like a breath of fresh air! http://crosslinkcares.org/
    I follow my own Blog
    Man can build a lake, but only God can make a river

Quote Originally Posted by seaway View Post
    Was raised Catholic and at a young age started to see things that made no sense to me. What was preached didn't get practiced. Have not been back to church since. I was saved at one of the worst times of my life by asking God directly to help me, and PRAISE JESUS he did. Have my prayer room at the house for bible reading and quiet prayer. I talk to him during drive to work and any other time I need His help or just want to talk. I see the miracles He has worked in my life and I also have seen how He will answer my questions directly. I geuss I want those of you that dont want to get involved in church to realize that its not the only path. Just start talking to Him, when you can focus on Him, and he will guide you where to go from there. Believe me its an awesome ride!!!!

Just gonna add that I once heard a man say " I'd rather be on the water thinking about God, than in church thinking about being on the water."
    SEAWAY yes you don`t need church to get to heaven but like the BIBLE says to felloship but your RIGHT ON
    JBassAssassin, and Nat's Dad like this.

Bubba man,
    I've never really felt one way or the other on needing church to go to heaven. I do feel God is fed up with a great deal of the churches out there and is very happy with many other churches out there. My straight forward belief is that if we live our lives loving our neighbors as we love ourselves, which are Jesus's words in the bible, that's what will get us to heaven. I listen to so called Christians on Monday who went to church on Sunday talking about the other people in their church. Not in a good way. I listen to so called Christians judge the churches that other Christians go to telling me not to go there. I watch millions being spent on churches/cathedrals when there are millions of people starving/sick etc all over the world. I look back at my childhood from birth to 18 yrs of age, going to sunday school, after my regular school, to catholic school, and church every Sunday. I learned the Lords prayer, Hail Mary, and how to go to confession and say the right thing. If someone in church had taken the time to teach me just Proverbs my life would have been a whole lot better. Don't get me wrong I'm so blessed with faith, family and friends and have no complaints other than I wish I knew God from a much younger age. To end this I guess you need to help me understand what is meant by fellowship. I've never experienced it in church. I have experienced great discussions about faith with other Christians outside of church.
    crabman00 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by seaway View Post
    Bubba man,
    I've never really felt one way or the other on needing church to go to heaven. I do feel God is fed up with a great deal of the churches out there and is very happy with many other churches out there. My straight forward belief is that if we live our lives loving our neighbors as we love ourselves, which are Jesus's words in the bible, that's what will get us to heaven. I listen to so called Christians on Monday who went to church on Sunday talking about the other people in their church. Not in a good way. I listen to so called Christians judge the churches that other Christians go to telling me not to go there. I watch millions being spent on churches/cathedrals when there are millions of people starving/sick etc all over the world. I look back at my childhood from birth to 18 yrs of age, going to sunday school, after my regular school, to catholic school, and church every Sunday. I learned the Lords prayer, Hail Mary, and how to go to confession and say the right thing. If someone in church had taken the time to teach me just Proverbs my life would have been a whole lot better. Don't get me wrong I'm so blessed with faith, family and friends and have no complaints other than I wish I knew God from a much younger age. To end this I guess you need to help me understand what is meant by fellowship. I've never experienced it in church. I have experienced great discussions about faith with other Christians outside of church.
    hey seaway - yea felloship amonst your same believers is beautiful - funny thing i sing gospel evan made a couple c.d.`s back in N.Y. moved here and went to 2 baptist churches and more or less was told unless i became a member of thee church i couldn`t sing so for the last 3 weeks we have turned JIMMY SWAGGART on our t.v. - good music and a great message - right now i only fellowship with my wife but maybe some day i`ll sing again - GOD BLESS
    seaway likes this.

John 3:16 is the answer you guys are looking for. "16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." That to me doesn't say you have to join a church, it also doesn't say being good or good works will get you into heaven. It simply says that if you believe in your heart that Jesus came and died for our sins and ask Jesus to come into your heart, then you get into heaven. Gathering with other Christians is mentioned in other places through out the Bible. But it mentions steel sharpening steel, a way to grow in your faith. Don't let the circumstances make you give up on God, he won't give up on you!
    GreyGhost, ncsouthpaw, and seaway like this.

Good things come to those who bait...
    Kevin,
    Proud Red X Angler

Presently in St.Mary RC - Rutherford, New Jersey.
    Plan on retiring to Oak Island...soon.
    Any Roman Catholic churches near by?

How ya doin (NY accent) bubba man,
    yea that's the kinda stuff that keeps me away from church. I been listening to 1030am in the morning as much as I can. I've found it to be a good group of bible based preaching. The sermons also relate to life experiences and God's word. I'm a grave digger so in the cemetery I can open the door to my truck and blast the radio. Sometimes brings me good conversation when I get caught by customers and I can see in other workers that they're thinking about my faith when they here me listening. They either think I'm nuts or they hopefully get thinking more about God. I also fellowship with the wife over coffee. Love it!
    Keep singing brother its great for the soul. P.S. I'm from L.I. originally. Moved down here 13 years ago.

Thanks kevcoachk. That's such an awesome scripture. Have short term memory loss due to lymes disease so I have a hard time remembering scripture. Praise God for sending you to remind me of this. Will never give up on God, He sure hasn't given up on me.
    Love your saying "Good things come to those who bait..."
    God bless brother
    kevcoachk likes this.

Pretty sure theres one on the main road (211?) heading into Southport. Its on a corner just before Walmart if I'm remembering correctly. Possibly St. Annes. Enjoy retirement. Great flounder fishing in that area.

I attend Resurrection Lutheran in Cary, NC.
    Our Pastor is a die hard fisherman - grew up ice fishing in Wisconsin.

The Church is more conservative than many of the younger generation are comfortable with.

Hey Guys,
    Some of you may already know about this group, but in case you haven't heard, Kayak Fishing With Christ is a great group of people that are REAL. I invite you all to check it out if you haven't already.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/kayakfishingwithchrist/
    - Wrinkles only go where smiles have been

Infant of Prague RC church in downtown Jacksonville.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345