Fishing spots around charlotte and matthews nc - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing spots around charlotte and matthews nc

Yeah, i almost went to beatty today.

I have caught my largest Charlotte bass there actually. Still kind of a PIA for me to get there...but, from where i live, pretty much anywhere is.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Anybody like to update this post with a good spot or two for fishing in Charlotte or Matthews?

I heard everything dried up so no fishing anywhere...jk. Beatty Park was good to me for a long time. I grew up fishing Matthews and Weddington. We used to hit up neighborhoods that were under construction, door knocked using maps to find water, golf courses that had maintenance days, we were creative sometimes. I just moved back to Rock Hill so I haven't been able to check out any of the old spots yet but there are lots of good places that are overlooked. never hurts to keep a snoopy rod, ugly stick jr, etc in the car just in case you need to entertain some kids in the backyards you get permission in. We had free reign years ago at a popular golf course, even on their open days because we would let the kids in the yards we came across catch a couple fish. they had a blast and the parents loved it. Use ONX or another hunting app to get landowner info for the area if it isnt in a neighborhood and knock on doors. You may only get 1 out of 20 now but its worth the effort.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fishinmagician88 View Post
    Anybody like to update this post with a good spot or two for fishing in Charlotte or Matthews?
    Frustrating topic I know...especially if you flyfish like me.

I downloaded that Fishbrain app. It can provide insight.
    I never had any luck at either, but Iíve been seeing bass caught at both Park Rd and Freedom parks.

On one occasion Iíve waded little sugar below the waste treatment plant. There are bass in there, but I only caught bluegill/Shellcrackers etc. aggressive little guys would take a pretty large popping bug. I had my 7wt, but they would be a ton of fun on my 3 wt, or an ultralight spin rig. I just havenít been back.

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12