NC Angler Forums banner

Fishing spots around charlotte and matthews nc

13K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  bonz 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I am looking for new fishing holes around the charlotte and matthews area. I have searched this forum about this but all the information that I find is several tears old. I had plenty of fishing spots hath I went to years ago but progress has taken them away. I am now getting back into fishing so I am looking for spots around the area. I have tried colonel beattys park a few times with no luck so any suggestions would be great.

#6 ·
I don't know if you kayak, or are interested in one, but I run a Kayak Tournament Bass Fishing trail out of Charlotte. QCKBF on Facebook. Check us out.

And dont give up on Beatty park.......

#14 ·
Also always looking for new bank spots. I have several willing to share. Most are a good drive for me so looking for new, hopefully more convenient options. PM me if you have something new. I'm strictly CnR. Any place that's good to have a 5yr old girl tag along is bonus. ��

#19 ·
Frustrating topic I know...especially if you flyfish like me.

I downloaded that Fishbrain app. It can provide insight.
I never had any luck at either, but I’ve been seeing bass caught at both Park Rd and Freedom parks.

On one occasion I’ve waded little sugar below the waste treatment plant. There are bass in there, but I only caught bluegill/Shellcrackers etc. aggressive little guys would take a pretty large popping bug. I had my 7wt, but they would be a ton of fun on my 3 wt, or an ultralight spin rig. I just haven’t been back.

#18 ·
I heard everything dried up so no fishing anywhere...jk. Beatty Park was good to me for a long time. I grew up fishing Matthews and Weddington. We used to hit up neighborhoods that were under construction, door knocked using maps to find water, golf courses that had maintenance days, we were creative sometimes. I just moved back to Rock Hill so I haven't been able to check out any of the old spots yet but there are lots of good places that are overlooked. never hurts to keep a snoopy rod, ugly stick jr, etc in the car just in case you need to entertain some kids in the backyards you get permission in. We had free reign years ago at a popular golf course, even on their open days because we would let the kids in the yards we came across catch a couple fish. they had a blast and the parents loved it. Use ONX or another hunting app to get landowner info for the area if it isnt in a neighborhood and knock on doors. You may only get 1 out of 20 now but its worth the effort.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.