So which is more fun?

Thread: So which is more fun?

Default So which is more fun?

So what's better? Quantity or quality? Hit a local farm pond yesterday evening with my youngest. She was rapid fire with red worms whereas I was plopping UVSC and trick worm with little success. I did manage a bear on Alabama UVSC, but slung it at the bank. I'm feeling 6-7lb, but no pic, no proof. She managed several fish including a couple nice 'gills. I spent more time helping her out with hook removal than I did plopping plastics. In the end, she was happy with quantity while I was pleased with quality and quality time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	FISH 2015 007.jpg‎
Views:	170
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	72613 Click image for larger version.

Name:	FISH 2015 008.jpg‎
Views:	165
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	72614 Click image for larger version.

Name:	FISH 2015 002.jpg‎
Views:	154
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	72615 Click image for larger version.

Name:	FISH 2015 016.jpg‎
Views:	160
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	72616 Click image for larger version.

Name:	FISH 2015 010.jpg‎
Views:	157
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	72617 Click image for larger version.

Name:	FISH 2015 013.jpg‎
Views:	166
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	72618 Click image for larger version.

Name:	FISH 2015 017.jpg‎
Views:	152
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	72619

P-nut

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Looks like tons of fun!! I go back and forth...quantity is always fun to continuously to set the hook...but quality is awesome to always catch a biggun...in the end give me both

Red X Angler
    There is always a way

with kids quantity is allways best.They are there to have fun,thats what it is all about.
    ChltBnks, jerry condrey, and SurfRider like this.

Faith and prayers are strongest things in life we have!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I vote a large quantity of 4+ lb bass.

Seriously, I think most kids want steady action over a big fish. The older I get the more I care about quality bites over numbers but I'm not disappointed if I go out and catch lots of little guys.
    grandpaa, jerry condrey, and SurfRider like this.

Tight lines,
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedingblue View Post
    I vote a large quantity of 4+ lb bass.

Seriously, I think most kids want steady action over a big fish. The older I get the more I care about quality bites over numbers but I'm not disappointed if I go out and catch lots of little guys.
    Yeah, good fish. I'll add a picture of a different angle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	FISH 2015 012.jpg‎
Views:	88
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	72639

P-nut

Last few weeks I have been stuck on catching panfish, something just plain fun about a cricket and slip float. I love watching that bobber go under the water.

I would have to say both. The quality of your youngest smile along with the quantity of pictures you will have for years to savor.

It's always nice to catch a lot of fish no matter what you fish for. Yeah I wanna catch a bunch of big bass but it doesn't normally work that way lol. In the years that I have matured if I am fishing with friends, I enjoy seeing them catch em but we brag on the biggest more then the most. You always want that one that you can revert to every time a buddy wants to start talking about how many he caught and then crush their pride when you say those 5 or 6 fish you caught weigh as much as my one lol.

Blog Entries

As a bass tourney guy, I lean toward quality for me, but with the kids, it's all about quantity, as many have posted already. It's a very cool thing to see them light up with a tug on their line...I started my kids that way and now, they still fish and they are 28 and 23 respectively. Both my daughter and my son have fished, and will still fish, tourneys with me.

The quantity got them, the quality keeps them going and now they are doing the same with their kids!

Red X Angler // Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that is not fish they are after - Thoreau

As a young man I fished for bass,I allways enjoyed it.Around 9 to 10 years a go I swifched over to crappie and blue gill.I have cought 5lb 6lb 8lb and one 14lb bass.But haveing 23 grand kids I enjoy pan fish better.When they say grandpaa lets go fishing ,I have learned lots of places to take them where the fish bite fast and they catch a hole lot of them.As all of you get older you will see.When your grand kids faces light up with joy and hear the laughter & see all the fun they are haveing.To me that is worth more than anything on earth

Faith and prayers are strongest things in life we have!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job. I am in the quality stage now, but like Andrew says, not disappointed with dinks if that's all that bites.
    SurfRider likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry condrey View Post
    Good job. I am in the quality stage now, but like Andrew says, not disappointed with dinks if that's all that bites.
    I am with you Jerry I much preferred the one 5# I got the other night and the 6.7 I got two weeks ago versus the 12 1 - 2# range I got at a friends pond. But some days the way it is going I would love even one dink :-)
    2020 LMB Total :130; largest 6# 5oz! Total over 4:14; lifetime largest 9.25
    2020 Crappie Total:75 biggest:1.5#

15. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements