Hot Day on Randleman 7-10-15

Thread: Hot Day on Randleman 7-10-15

Default Hot Day on Randleman 7-10-15

My sister-in-law is visiting and her boyfriend asked I take him fishin. So I took him to Randleman - he fished for whatever would bite bait and I tried for bass. He caught some crappie and catfish. I didn't cover water like I normally would because of the live bait rig but I found a school of nice ones nonetheless. It was in my favorite brushpile 10 ft deep, and most of them bit a jig and craw. I caught 7 and the smallest went 2.5 lb, all the rest were between 3-5 pounds. I caught two on a T-rig speedcraw when the jig bite died down later in the day. I also tried a shakeyhead, a T-rig trickworm, and squarebill, but no bites with that. I even caught two on the jig in consecutive casts, one of which is in the photo.

I've attached just one photo, the rest have too many landmarks visible....haha

Conditions

Water temp 86-89 degrees - or just call it bathwater
    Winds out of the west but we were sheltered from it most of the time
    Water clarity about 3 feet but stained as usual
    Not a cloud in the sky
    Not too many boats out there considering it was Friday - maybe because of the heat...

It was a hot one for sure, and it was certainly an example you don't need to follow the textbook to find the hot water bass. Not sure if 10 ft is considered shallow but I wasn't deep cranking or c-rigging deep points!

Jay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	bass.jpg‎
Views:	224
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	72718

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I believe I recognize that spot! Sounds like a great day, at least you were rewarded for braving the heat.
    Tight lines,
    Andrew

Darnit - I knew I was posting a photo against my better judgement...! Or maybe I will have to start looking around for other similar looking landscapes, in case you are wrong, lol. At least its not a double secret probation community spot for speckled sea trout...
    Bleedingblue, and drjon like this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think the only folks who are going to be able to recognize the landscape are those of us who fish out there so much that we've probably fished the spot before I sent you a PM, assuming that's where I think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post

It was a hot one for sure, and it was certainly an example you don't need to follow the textbook to find the hot water bass. Not sure if 10 ft is considered shallow but I wasn't deep cranking or c-rigging deep points!

Jay

There is never anything such as "too shallow" at Randleman.

Nice fish, Jay. Glad to see you are back in the saddle!
    - Sam
    "Things are only impossible until they're not!"

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements