Shimano Stradic FK - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shimano Stradic FK

I agree it wasn't the reel anyway. We'll tear the big boys up soon. That sure was a nice channel tho.
    c.lane likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I got to give credit where credit is due this old girl was caught with a Shimano Curado. I really like their baitcasting reels.

Sent from my XT1080

I forgot how tattered that fish was. That was a good day!! Looks like an eagle the size of an s-10 got hold of it
    Brenardo likes this.

Dem Neuse River Boys.. . Epicness Always

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hey Chris, do you fish Lowland, Hobukan area? I old drummed fished there last Friday with no luck. Is that a good area?

I couldn't tell you much about fishing there. I've killed a few ducks there though.
    pwall1988 likes this.

Dem Neuse River Boys.. . Epicness Always

Dang right!!! That's where I duck hunt too! Figured I give it a try fishing. Thanks man

Went to Hobucken once, we got there and when it started breaking daybreak, it turned black again. Dang MOSQUITOES in full force, looked like the 3rd Mongolian Hoard coming to eat us. Man we beat skeeters till noon. Called it a day and never looked back...
    Fish_Fiend, and pwall1988 like this.

Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

Blog Entries

I've fished Hobucken area a few times and caught fish. Really no reason for me to with the Neuse in my backyard, but it was a nice change of scenery.
    pwall1988 likes this.

Yes!! The Skeeters are really bad there! Ill probably give it another try on the next full moon.

Thanks Guys!

Bad news on the Shimano FK, last weekend I foul hooked a 6lb albacore, the line screamed off. I got the fish in and went home. I go out the next day and when I go to pull on the line to check the drag, it wobbles now. I take the spool off and everything seems to be fine so I tighten the spool back on and it still wobbles. Its very noticeable, nothing in the reel looks like it can cause this wobble. So now I have to send it in for warranty work. I will keep everybody posted on the service I receive and the outcome.
    Spider Crack likes this.

I have caught multiple Albies on my Symetre 2500 with 15 lb beaid.

I have caught multiple Albies on my Symetre 2500 with 15 lb beaid.
    Yea, I'm not happy about this. Never had a problem with my FJ.

That's the new reel, guess new us not always good. I also have the FJ, she has been a good one so far.

I have several Stradic Ci4+ and Stradic FJ's. All have been awesome and I have had no trouble at all with any of them. Also have some Quantum Smoke Inshore spinning reels and they have been awesome as well.

Alright, so i sat down last night and took a better look. So i started seeing tiny pieces of fabric. i look on top of the spool and the drag washers were full of this fabric material. I could obviously see that was causing the wobble issue. First i think, did a piece of fabric get in the reel? or was there a piece of paper there and i was supposed to take it out before using? Well, i take the pin out and take the washers out and clean all the pieces of fabric and i get down to the bottom. Well, i find the problem, this fabric washer is the cause. Now im confused, why would shimano put some type of fabric washer and after one good fish it starts to peel fabric into the drag washers??? Im confused, i need a Shimano guy to chime in and educate me on this. The fabric was all over the washers and some even got on the shaft of the reel. I didnt take a pic of all the fabric before i cleaned it off, but i took a pic of the bottom of the spool where that fabric washer is. It doesnt wobble after cleaning the fabric out, I wonder if i catch another big fishwill it start to shed that fabric into the washers again???
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	shimano.jpg
Views:	1827
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	75020

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast