New River fishing

Thread: New River fishing

Default New River fishing

I am new to this forum thing.
    I saw something on here about an overnight camping/fishing trip on the new river. Anybody have anymore info on it?
    I enjoy the New and have been on the south fork new river 100 times from wagoner access to river camp usa. I am wanting to take the trip from kings creek bridge north and would like to learn more about fishing smallmouth.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Sponsor
    Captains Club
    Blog Entries

Welcome aboard. Glad you've joined us!

All the information is in the thread below. If you plan to make it, post something in there quickly as we have started reserving sites. And welcome to the site.

https://www.ncangler.com/forums/threa...Meet-and-Greet-)
    GreyGhost likes this.

Matt ~ 15' 6" Gheenoe Classic, Olive Green
    Red X Angler

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Welcome aboard, lot of fishermen here that fish that area.
    Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

Welcome. If you happen to cross paths with Darrell (Dbeam), he has some 'local knowledge' out roughly your way (Hickory). For the New, you won't find better company than the crew going next weekend. Should be a fun trip. Wish I could make it.

Welcome to NCAngler!
    GreyGhost likes this.

- Sam
    "Things are only impossible until they're not!"

Welcome yad! I'm just over in Mt Airy. Several area guys that fish the New, Yadkin, and Dan. After you make enough posts you can use the PM feature to message me.
    Fish_Fiend likes this.

Red X Angler

Welcome! I'm up in Boone and always in for a float or wade trip if it gets me away from schoolwork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello YadNewYaker.....my name on here is 'JohnYaksJax" and I found this forum several years ago and have made some good friends and fishing buds from this site.
    I live in Jacksonville, FL...actually Neptune Beach....and am only 2 blocks from the Atlantic Ocean and 1/2 mile from the Intracoastal Waterway, and we live on an island!!

My daughter lives in Charlotte and I have a longtime high school sweetie up near Burlington, so I have several reasons to head to NC and fish...and I have kayaks stashed at both of their homes!! I have 3 yaks down here in FL and I work P/T an outdoors/outfitters....very similar to the Great Outdoor Provision Company.

Dunno if anyone told you, but BOTH of us just missed the Annual New River Smallmouth Outing on the New River....which I have done 2 times..and we got flooded out a few years ago and I got LOST trying to find the State Park 2 years ago. IT IS A GREAT TIME UP THERE...but I think it ended today, so check out the MANY pages and pix soon.
    Anyway, I hope we can meet up sometime and kayak fish up there someplace.....Take care....JohnYaksJax

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements