NC Angler Forums banner

What you tying up?

27K views 253 replies 20 participants last post by  Scott Hobbs 
#1 ·
Been working on a lot of different patterns lately.

These are tied up for bass. Topwater floater/diver, APDIVER style. I get a lot of use of these. I keep one tied on from spring thru fall. I usually carry 3 flyrod setups in the boat.

See less See more
#127 ·
Just a quick pull of the lever, put the hook in and release lever. Same with debarbing a hook.

My first vise was one that came with a kit. It worked but you had to work with it. Then I bought this one. I have tied from size 12 to 5/0.

I have never used a style like that one or any other style. So cannot make comparisons.

#129 ·
I was strongly considering the non true rotary vise by Wolf called the Apex. It's around $30 cheaper, same hefty build, same jaws and cam. There is a guy on youtube who makes a lot of nice shad and crappie ties, he uses the Apex in a position to allow it to rotate nicely, it would work well as a rotary vise if you didn't mind the "true rotary" aspect.

#149 ·
How you downloading? What program?. Photo bucket maybe?

I switched from my cell phone to the computer to see how it shows up on it. Seems you are using the uploader here on NCAngler. That is the only size you get, click on it and it will enlarge to a little bigger picture. If you want bigger pics use Photobucket. I am uploading mine on my cell phone using TapaTalk. Tapatalk is a free app. I use it to keep up with NCAngler and a couple others while I am on the go.:cool:

#153 ·
You using the Insert Image from NCAngler? My pics are loaded from my computer also, as are everyone elses, Using the image downloader here on NCAngler it will only show up small, click on the pic and it will be a little bigger. Using my cell phone and Tap a talk they come out full blown.

I back up a lot of my pics on Photobucket, then if I want to post a pic from there, just copy it from Photobucket and paste it here on NCAngler

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.