NC Angler Forums banner

What you tying up?

27K views 253 replies 20 participants last post by  Scott Hobbs 
#1 ·
Been working on a lot of different patterns lately.

These are tied up for bass. Topwater floater/diver, APDIVER style. I get a lot of use of these. I keep one tied on from spring thru fall. I usually carry 3 flyrod setups in the boat.

See less See more
#201 ·
Only wanted the chartruese color eye. Tried a chartruese color fly, they did not want it either, or a pink.

I had 3 fly rods with 3 different flies. Kept that 1 fly on one, the other 2 I changed flies several times..nothing. I had a bump or 2 but no takers. The chartruese eye fly was inhaled.

Next trip they won't glimpse that fly and make me switch out to find what they want.

#209 ·
Start with weight wraps for faster sinking. I may or may not use it. It gives me options of a slow Sinker or something to go deeper.

Then some thicker line wraps to make a body, thin in back an thicker up front.

Tie in some wire and several strands of a flash to palmer forward.

Tie the nose of the Zonker on, pull it back, use the wire as a rib to hold the zonker body down.

Glue in the eyes, then add Clear Cure Goo or simular to coat the eyes and body. Put some Sally Hansen Hard as Nails over the top to seal.

Let dry and fish...

#216 ·
last fishing trip I heard these were hot. Easy and fun to tie. The hooks may not be right, but it's what I had.
View attachment 84561
I tie all the time with what I have available. I am always substituting one material for another an another.

Those look good and buggy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.