NC Angler Forums banner

What you tying up?

27K views 253 replies 20 participants last post by  Scott Hobbs 
#1 ·
Been working on a lot of different patterns lately.

These are tied up for bass. Topwater floater/diver, APDIVER style. I get a lot of use of these. I keep one tied on from spring thru fall. I usually carry 3 flyrod setups in the boat.

See less See more
#10 ·
View attachment 77569 View attachment 77569 I tied up a test batch of Half and Halfs the other day. Excuse my amateur tying abilities.

And now there is two pics, oh well

OK, how can you post large pics from a tablet?
Install the Tapatalk app on the tablet and it should post full-sized picture for you. Also, you can upload the pictures to Photobucket and copy the image link to your post here in your post and it'll be full-sized. If you need more help just let me know. PM is fine if need-be. I hope this helps.

#11 ·
They can all be downsized to meet any weight outfit. The Hollow Fleye are made with minimum deer hair, it looks like a lot but as a "reverse" tie, they are light.

I am sure most of these can be cast on a 5, 6, 7 or 8 wt easy. In most actual fishing areas you are not trying to cast 90 feet, at the most about 30 feet or so, normally less than that.

#105 ·

Starting the day with some Jujube midges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like your style. Simplistic, easy, quick ties that will take trout from the stocked streams on up to the more technical wild streams/rivers. From the Griffith's Gnat on the surface to the juju down low you have the entire water column covered with just two simple patterns. A simple relaxing approach to trout fishing.

#26 ·
I played around with the Fish Masks a bit, as well. Painted them with a marker for a little extra effect.

View attachment 78041
I like that! Are the clear masks simply an alternative to epoxy or do they offer more? I was wanting to buy some clear cure goo and lights, it I was going to wait until I had a rotary vise. Those Fish masks look like a good middle ground until that happens.

#30 ·
The Fish Mask are definitely a fun and easy material to add to your patterns. I'm very impressed with all of the items from Flymen Fishing Company. This is a fly tied as you would. Hollow Fleye with a Fish Mask added. I was experimenting with these on a 3/0 hook with the intention of tossing them to some cobia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.