Took the boys and nephews today...

Thread: Took the boys and nephews today...

Default Took the boys and nephews today...

The boys wanted to take their cousins fishing so we headed out a little after lunch. After they saw Sam(my youngest) catching fish everyone switched to worms.

Caught a bunch of big blue gills and smaller bream. No crappie this time, Sam managed to catch a bass as a bonus. I was busy keeping the four of them fishing and didn't even make a cast. Good times for sure.

Sent from wherever I was at the time...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

Unbelievably great day out with the kiddos. BTW I love the shirt on that young man in the last picture. Good Job! Not sure where your from but if you ever want to bring those young men to the mountains for some trout fishing let me know.

Darrell
    danattherock likes this.

Red X Angler

Quote Originally Posted by dbeam View Post
    Unbelievably great day out with the kiddos. BTW I love the shirt on that young man in the last picture. Good Job! Not sure where your from but if you ever want to bring those young men to the mountains for some trout fishing let me know.

Darrell
    Thanks, We're in Stokes County. Might have to take you up on the trout offer. They stock trout in The Dan River here, but they'd love a road trip to the mountains.

dbeam, and JBassAssassin like this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

PM sent

Darrell
    wademaster, and ZachFaircloth like this.

Red X Angler

I'm with Darrell on the navy blue T shirt, classy duds for sure. And as for the fishing in general, you know it's a funny thing. Many men spend tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars and don't get as much out of it as you and them kids appear to have on the bank of a muddy pond with a cup of worms. Seeing pics like that takes me back 35 years or so, when I had my Zebco 33. Lord knows the money and jet fuel I've blown trying to recreate that magic. Thanks for sharing man.

Dan
    dbeam likes this.

2016 Kencraft Bay Rider 2260 w/Yamaha 150
    NuCanoe Frontier 12 ><(((((*>

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    I'm with Darrell on the navy blue T shirt, classy duds for sure. And as for the fishing in general, you know it's a funny thing. Many men spend tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars and don't get as much out of it as you and them kids appear to have on the bank of a muddy pond with a cup of worms. Seeing pics like that takes me back 35 years or so, when I had my Zebco 33. Lord knows the money and jet fuel I've blown trying to recreate that magic. Thanks for sharing man.

Dan
    It takes me back to my childhood for sure. My Dad used to take me fishing every chance he could. I was eat up with it! It makes me appreciate what he did for me back then.

The only thing my boys like better than fishing is shooting. I'm glad .22 bullets are becoming more available.

danattherock, dbeam, and JBassAssassin like this.

That's an awesome dad who takes his boys out fishing with him! Glad you had fun.
    74adamsmith, and dbeam like this.

yeah not many will do that these days
    74adamsmith, and dbeam like this.

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements