We lost a good man... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We lost a good man...

I noticed numerous NCAngler participants in old threads who are now deceased. (Hesitate to name them, because in some cases they may just be inactive--don't trust my memory.) Might be cool if we had some kind of memorial thread or forum, i.e., where we could post photos and memories of former NCAnglers with whom we've fished or otherwise had a personal connection?

Here's a link to Kevin's CaringBridge space:
    https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kevindunphy

You'll have to register & sign in to view it, but you could use your Facebook or Google credentials to log in.

FYI - joel

Always under-promise & over-deliver (Fortune Cookie)
    Native Mariner 12.5 Propel / Wilderness Systems Ride 135

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Crack View Post
    I noticed numerous NCAngler participants in old threads who are now deceased. (Hesitate to name them, because in some cases they may just be inactive--don't trust my memory.) Might be cool if we had some kind of memorial thread or forum, i.e., where we could post photos and memories of former NCAnglers with whom we've fished or otherwise had a personal connection?

Here's a link to Kevin's CaringBridge space:
    https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kevindunphy

You'll have to register & sign in to view it, but you could use your Facebook or Google credentials to log in.

FYI - joel
    I really like the Memorial Thread idea.
    Spider Crack, and sundrop like this.

Kevin and I worked on fly casting several years ago. I had no idea he was sick. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family. From the little I knew of him he seemed like a great guy.
    NCangler, RouseD, and Spider Crack like this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Very sad news. Seems like the first thing I remember about this site when joining back in '07 was all the posts from Lefty. Always seemed very helpful and a real nice guy. I think I only got to fish with him one time down at the Robeson creek canoe access after running into him and JeffO. He came across as being a really nice guy, just as he did on here. Think he got his limit of sticks that day. I remember hearing about the cobia hookup and think about it on trips to the Fort. Condolences to his family and friends, very sad to hear this.

​a sad day for sure our hearts and prayers go out to his family and MANY friends.
    NCangler, and RouseD like this.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Kevin was a neighbor and friend of mine and I am going to miss him greatly. I answered tons of questions for Kevin when he was looking for his first kayak and we spent many happy hours talking about kayak fishing, rigging kayaks for fishing, and occasionally actually going kayak fishing. I only wish that we had spent more time on the water together.

In addition to his love of fishing, Kevin was a dedicated husband and father. His family always came first. More importantly than anything else, Kevin was a man of God. He lived a life that let everyone know that he followed the teachings of Jesus. Kevin was a clear illustration of the saying that a man's life should be a sermon ... words should be used if necessary.

I miss him. Our neighborhood will be forever changed.
    Jeffonc, NCangler, RouseD, and wademaster like this.

Today we get another trip around the circle.
    Let's make it better than the last.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12