NC Angler Forums banner

NCangler.com site security

21K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  rgarbar 
#1 ·
It has come to our attention that at least one member has had at least one post made on their user account that they did not make. This could have been an issue with someone hacking that particular user account or it could be more widespread. We are trying to ascertain the scope of the issue. If you have any mysterious activity on your account could you please post in this thread or send me a PM letting us know what happened, a link to the post or posts that were affected, etc.? This will help tremendously.

Also, if you have not changed the password for your account in a long time it might be prudent to do so now. And please don't use something like "fishing", "fish", etc. for your password. :) You can edit your password on this page:

http://www.ncangler.com/forums/profile.php?do=editpassword

Also check to make sure that your email address on that page is current.

Blessings
Randy
Administrator
http://www.NCangler.com

#2 ·
The company that owns NCangler.com has confirmed that there was a security breach of their websites. I highly recommend that you change your password on your account at your earliest convenience. And if you use the same password in multiple places you should change them elsewhere as well. This is the reality of the world that we live in unfortunately. :mad:

Let me add that we believe the impact on NCangler.com at this point is small. They have probably only accessed an account that used a very simple password. We have only been able to confirm one account so far that may have been compromised but please let us know if you think yours has. Change those passwords folks!

#4 ·
Well I have just spent the last hour changing every password for every site I visit. Not fun but I really needed to do it since it has been awhile. I hate hackers with a passion but with the world as it is now we are just going to have to deal with it. Thanks Randy for jumping on this problem right away.

Ted

#5 ·
PSA for y'all tapatalk users, I changed my password on my laptop and then tried to use tapatalk and immediately got an email saying a user had tried logging in with the wrong password too many times and had been locked out for 15 minutes. From what I can figure tapatalk repeatedly tried to log me in with my old credentials. I was able to log out via tapatalk and am going to try logging back in in with the new password after the fifteen minutes is up. Might be a good idea to log out of tapatalk before you change your password to prevent this.

#7 ·
Here is the official word from Vertical Scope, the owners of NCangler.com. Please make sure your email address is current on your account. You can edit email and password here: http://www.ncangler.com/forums/profile.php?do=editpassword

In light of all the recent news of sites being compromised we’re doing our due diligence to update our own security. As such we will be running a password reset for all users to make doubly sure all accounts are safe. That said please make sure your emails are up to date as this will be done through the user emails on file. Thanks

#22 ·
Hey..

2 things..

1. today while on site a message popped up saying "this computer blocked" followed by a phone number and asking for password, credit card info, etc.. Did not do any of that nonsense.. shut down rebooted offline.. cleared cache and history.. on hunter mode now and changed password. may not have been through this site but passing on info.

2. Still space bar doesn't work in PM. have to start with a period then backspace before typing.. Is this going to be fixed?

3. How would one go about changing their name? would I have to open a new account? (future precaution if necessary)

Just happened again..
Azure Font Rectangle Screenshot Software

If this happens the esc key gets you out and back to site..

#23 ·
Hey..

2 things..

1. today while on site a message popped up saying "this computer blocked" followed by a phone number and asking for password, credit card info, etc.. Did not do any of that nonsense.. shut down rebooted offline.. cleared cache and history.. on hunter mode now and changed password. may not have been through this site but passing on info.

2. Still space bar doesn't work in PM. have to start with a period then backspace before typing.. Is this going to be fixed?

3. How would one go about changing their name? would I have to open a new account? (future precaution if necessary)

Just happened again..
View attachment 128577

If this happens the esc key gets you out and back to site..
I'm sending in a support ticket. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.