1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05-25-2020
Booker Creek behind Eastgate Crossing in Chapel Hill

---

Went back to my favorite little hole in CH, after getting skunked at a couple of earlier spots. This place, today, was on fire for Bluegill in particular. I caught a few of the larger Bluegill I've ever caught, out of 14 in total. Three of them went 0.34#, 0.34#, and 0.32# respectively. And I also added 1 LMB, 1 Pumpkinseed, and 1 Green Sunfish to the tally. The fish were hungry... a couple of these guys attacked my lure (mostly tube jigs) almost as soon as they hit the water.

After the tube jig bite died off, I switched to the Berkley Powerbait crappie nibbles stuff and continued to catch fish. At least until a couple of beavers swam up into the hole below the guardrail and started messing around. I think they spooked the fish away, although I did manage 1 or 2 more after the beavers showed up. I actually caught some halfway decent video (I think) of the beavers messing around. I'll see if I can get that uploaded and linked in as well at some point.

---

A halfway decent Bluegill.

Another sunfish.

More Bluegill.

I mean, not huge, but for a Bluegill that's not bad.

Pumpkinseed (I believe).

A bass. Not big, but fun to catch.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Red X Angler
3,765 Posts
Looks like you had fun! Nice job!

Reactions: jerry condrey

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like you had fun! Nice job!
That's the name of the game. Fishing for me, right now, is a way to get out of the house, divide my day between "work time" and "my time" and get away from the "real world" for a little while. Sure, catching big ole 8# or better bass would be nice, but that's not really "the goal" per-se. The goal right now is just to say sane. To the extent that anybody would call me"sane'... :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts