NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to fish my home lake in southern Alamance county this afternoon. Got on the water about 2:00 and quit around 5:30. Started marking fish between 8 and 12 feet deep in 15 to 20 feet of water so started trolling a 2-3/4 Berkely Flicker Shad (7-10 feet) and a Rat-L-Trap. Caught several small bream, several small and one ridiculously small bass, a couple of keeper crappie (one PB for this lake) and one (again PB for this lake) good-sized bass (all on the Berkely shad).

The crappie were 10-1/2 and 13-1/2 inches long and as this picture shows, the difference between a 10-1/2 inch crappie and a 13-1/2 inch is dramatic..
. Wood Fish Tail Plant Ray-finned fish

Didn't weigh the smaller; the larger was 1.05 lbs.

The lake is full of 12 inch skinny bass (not enough catch and too much release?) but this fella looked like he was getting ready for winter. Just a touch short of 2 lbs (1.96 lbs)
Food Wood Fish Plant Ray-finned fish

Also posting one of the bream mostly because it shows the hard bait
Fish Fisherman Fin Fish products Ray-finned fish

Caught all the fish in the first hour and a half. Spent the next two hours trying to find one more...

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Private lake off Clark Rd. It's behind a locked gate, you need an owner's permission to fish and an SUV or truck to navigate my driveway. PM me and we'll set something up. 20-25 acres and no gas motors. We use canoes, kayaks and bass buggies with trolling motors...

·
Premium Member
7,963 Posts
SnowCamp, speaking of getting ready for winter: my brother caught a largemouth yesterday I would've loved to have gotten a picture of. It slipped back into the water before he could snap a pic. This fish was maybe 12-14" long and looked like it swallowed a baseball. They are chewing!

Sent from my kayak...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.