NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not saying you ain't fishing the right spots. But bouncing gulps in the river isn't going to get you too many citations I don't think... lol trying to tell the almighty Curtis where to fish. You've caught more flounder than I'll ever dream about.
i've caught 3 citation size flounder up this way but none over 6 lb. . biggest one weighed in at chasin tails this year so far was 5.15 lbs. i do wish i lived a little closer to the coast .

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Curtis if you spent all your time flounder fishing around Morehead city or emerald Isle around deep structure with big live baits I'm confident you would have numerous 10 pounders to your name.
Maybe. Jeff Cronk and Mike Taylor have done it for decades and only had a few that big...the flounder they are speaking of here came from Wayne Crisco down south.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Definitely a great catch.... I would have caught, photographed and released into the Crisco Pond till golden brown and then lay it on a towel to dry it, let it cool slightly, invite it as guest of honor to supper....)
if you catch one , call me pal , love fried flounder

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.