NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
11-13-14 Fontana Had Skip on a cold, windy, but very good day on Fontana. Started a little slow with a few breaking fish on points that we caught on small Rapala x-raps. As the morning progressed we scouted in 80-140 feet of water and found groups of fish on the sides of channels just off clay points. These fish are in big schools and are all mixed up. We had nice smallies, spots, whites and walleye from the same school. Wish I had taken shots of school sizes but was too busy trying to catch fish. Tried to jig them up first with ice jigs but amazingly no takers even when jigs would disappear on the screen into a mass of fish. Broke out the trolling gear and before I had the second rod out it was fish on. It stayed like that for several hours but remember the schools are always moving and can disappear in a matter of minutes so you have to keep searching. I love this time of year and always amazing you can catch fish one minute at the surface and then the same species down 95 feet within a cast or two, so go prepared to cover top to bottom and stay glued to your electronics. Later Capt. James

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.