NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a plan to do some offshore bottom bouncing this past Wednesday. NCSF and his buddy along with me and another head out to live bottom areas. Started a little rough with the 10-15kt winds, but luckily it was westerly and we were headed south.......ish. So we rode in the trough all the way with ease.

We get to the first spot, and I'm not marking anything to drop on....NOTHING! And I knew well enough, we just caught in excess of 20 grouper on this same spot! That was just at a week earlier. So, I said we will drop on it anyway, they are just hiding in the ledges.

Well, if it wasn't NCSF's first drop, it was his second! BAM! Fish on! He gets the smell of the skunk out of the boat before it was even smelly!

Flops a 33"er over the side and off the woooohoooo's go!

I manage my personal best trigger fish at 23" ish and pink snapper at 18" (which put him close to 4lbs) and a few grouper....maybe even the biggest of the day. :D

I'll get a phone that I can snap pictures with one day, but here are a few taken when we were out and some when we got back.

Azure Water Textile Fin Fish
Cloud Sky Flash photography Fun Recreational fishing
Water Sky Cloud Water resources Light
Water Glasses Vertebrate Fisherman Fish

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
had a ball brother hate im back to reality. remember though if it ain't a trite it ain't gonna get much ncangler love this time of year ;)
Hard to get back to work and actually focus on it........... when you take off for a week at a time. :D

Sorry we didn't catch 40, but as always, it was a blast!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.