NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday August 6, 2006

Today I had Brad and Tom aboard for a morning of inshore fishing. We were schedule to take the Seapro out and do some near shore fishing, but I had a catastrophic trailer failure Saturday afternoon, and we had to regroup and punt.

Well the day started really slow with just a couple of short Flounder bites. We hit hole after hole when we found a few fellow fisherman hooked up with a nice school of reds. I anchored up downstream a ways thinking we should not have any trouble getting a bite. I was wrong. I have never seen a school of reds hold so close to one spot in my life. We were 50yds away casting up toward the school and could not get a bite.

At this point I would like to thank Ice Cream Man for calling me in a little closer. We were able to get close enough to cast into the school and get hooked up. The first fish we hooked, I had to pull anchor and give chase. After an intense battle around other boats, we were finally able to land this stud, 12.5lb Redfish.

Next we regrouped and got re-anchored and Tom hooked up pretty quickly. This fish was a nice slot sized 6lb Redfish. This time we didn't have to pull anchor and chase, but it was still a nice fish none the less.

Here is a pic of Ice Cream Man hooked up with a Redfish on a topwater plug.

Ended up with 3 nice redfish before pulling anchor and heading back to the dock.

Capt. Brent

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Hey Brent - very nice fish!

Not sure if Billy is on this board but if you are, that was mighty nice of you to share the spot.

I think I recognize the spot, if so, I fish there often and have found the same thing with that one spot, the reds are usually in one particular area and 50 feet away you get nothing!

Thanks for the report and the pictures!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice Red - Nice Angler

Too bad you had to trade in 2 axles for that beauty. Glad that trip worked out for you. I guess it's a no go for Sails this weekend huh ? - Christian

Agreed about the Ice Cream Man being a great sport .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.