NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
water temp 48 air temp 30ish. frost on everything.. i caught one dink and one barely keeper on a wiggle wart knock off.

ok so i was getting low and running fast. this is the "wall" section of flatswamp creek.. the blurry line is the top of the windshield..

i knew something was rotten in flat swamp-did not think it was the mexican food i ate-

there had to be 100+ black buzzards in the area of this picture..

zooker

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
might of been a deer carcass washed up near/under the docks...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Could Be Like I Always Tell My Dad When We See A Buzzard "they Are Waiting On You" Lol. Just A Little Dark Humor.
Just Bought A Wiggle Wort The Other Day A Subwort Supposed To Run Down To About A Foot.
Never Used A Wiggle Wort Before Are They Pretty Good Baits?
Usually Fish The Tar River Near Greenville A Lot And Water Usally Fairly Shallow. Usually Throw A Shallow Running Square Lipped Crankbait (usually Lucky Craft Or Strike King) Up Near The Bank And Most Of The Time Bass Will Hit It As Comes Across The Drop Off.
I Figured That Subwort Would Be Good For This Since I Could Drag It Across All The Laydown Without Hanging Up.
Thanks For Info
James

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the design of the warts makes them real good in the winter. i have had varying luck during warm water periods.. you are forced to work them slow as to work them right -they will roll over and play dead if you try to work them fast- the big warts will get down abou 7-8 feet. shallow i use a bandit 100 or a speed trap both are excellent winter baits.

zooker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.