NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
14' Lowe Line and Trailer Update 2-17-08

I bought this boat a couple of weeks ago off of a guy I work with for $320. Included in the package was this boat, trailer, 2 pedestal seats and pedestals, an older trolling motor, and a tojo livewell (sp). I was asking a transom repair question and some of the guys asked me to post some pics of it and my progress. So here it goes.

Window Boat Vehicle Watercraft Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

This pic was taken right after I tore the front deck off, but as you can see, it needs some love

Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

Here it is again, just a different angle.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Road surface Wood

Rear deck gone, look at all the hardened glue!!!

Wood Automotive tire Flooring Hardwood Gas

On saw horses, old jb weld

Grey Wood Art paint Gas Visual arts

old jb weld after I attacked it with an angle grinder and abrasive pad!

Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Synthetic rubber

new jb weld, and a shot of self etching primer

Automotive exterior Composite material Fixture Naval architecture Wood

fresh coat of battleship gray, accidentally bought gloss finish, but oh well

Hood Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire

today I removed a lot of the old carpet glue, and removed the middle bench seat and ran some six gauge wiring from the stern to bow.

Updated on 2-17-08

Well, didn't get to work on it much over the weekend, but I did get some stuff done.

Wood Gas Bumper Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

I cut some foam up and placed it between the ribs in the floor to help deaden noise, and also ran some wiring.

Wood Rectangle Wood stain Natural material Plank

This has been the toughest so far, a friend and I installed the frame work for the front deck. This took much longer than I thought it should have. There were a lot of "helpers" standing around drinking beer, and their ever important tips slowed us down considerably. One of these "helpers" tried to convince me to mount the seat pedestal off center in the deck. The real hard part is yet to come, and that will be mounting the actual decking. I didn't want to go up too high with my frame work, and now I'm going to have to make the deck fit around the ribs. I was concerned with stability, so I tried to keep the top of the deck level with the height of the middle seat that I cut out.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Looks like you are on your way to great times, some of my best memories are fixing up our family boats together.
Thanks for the post and pics

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Looking good, i have an old 14 foot sears jon boat ive been putting off fixing up for a long time. good luck on the rest of the project.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to put a small front deck on it, pedestal seat where the old bench seat was, and a pedestal for the rear too. I have a 20 horse merc to throw on her, i'm going to add some bells and whistles but i haven't decided just what yet, i'll keep you all updated

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Fine work there man!!! Keep em coming!!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
AWWW man did you cut up my boat!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Looks good! I can't wait to see the picture with all your fish piled in it.

If anyone knows of a small boat that would fit in the back of a pickup let me know. I got rid of one a couple of years back thinking that I wouldn't need it with a big boat but sadly I find more places it would have worked better.

Keep up the good work.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Shoot breadman, I just told my wife Thursday I was going to get up with you next week and pick it up.. OH WELL, he who hesitates..................

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Reactions: Topsail Angler
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.