NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just throwing this out there to see if I have any interest on it. I have a 14ft Meyers flat bottom jon boat with a Evinrude 9.9hp 2 stroke motor, and it sits on an Ez Loader trailer. Looking to trade it for either 1 nice SOT fishing kayak around 12ft long, or a couple of SOT kayaks that are low to mid range-ish. Not horribly picky on brand or anything as I wont be using these all that often. Mostly just for shark fishing and paddling around for exercise.

The boat- its a 2000 Meyers 14ft flatbottom. Cosmetically this boat could definately use a fresh coat of paint. Its been around and back and the paint shows. It does have a couple of leaking rivets at the front that I can take care of no issue. I noticed them last time I had the boat out and hadnt done anything with it since. The plug is an odd size that I have not been able to find down here, and the one it comes with is slowly starting to let some water in. Meyers is still is business as far as Im aware so one is probably attainable through them. The bow has 4 holes drilled on each side of the boat from when I had a winch mount attached to the front for pulling the boat over dikes while duck hunting in Michigan. The holes are right underneath the rail and are high enough out of the water that I never had water come in through them. The bottom has some dents as this was used in mostly shallow rivers in Michigan since Ive had it. It will get you out on the water though and overall still has much life left in it. Comes with a couple of oars.

The motor- From what I can find the motor is a 1983. Made by Evinrude and is a 9.9hp motor. Its in pretty good shape, and pushes the boat along nicely. With myself and some fishing gear I was going about 18 mph on a GPS. To me that was plenty fast for this little boat. I just changed the lower unit oil this spring so that should be good to go. It always starts for me within a few pulls and after its warm its mostly a 1 pull deal. The only bad thing Ive found on this motor is the kill button doesnt work. So to kill the motor I pull out on the choke. For being 31 years old this motor is pretty good. Comes with a gas tank and fuel line as well.

The trailer is a 1987 EZ-loader trailer. Its a steel trailer so naturally is rusts. It comes with a couple of spare tires, the tires on there were new 2 years ago. They made the trip from Michigan and probably dont have 300 miles on them since. The bearing were new with the tires and I added bearing buddies last year.

This rig is definately not the newest or nicest thing out there, but it will get you from A to B on the water. Iam only selling because Im running out of room in the garage and I dont use the little boat anymore. Hate to see it just sit there.

Im pretty open to offers, but like I started with, Id really like to trade this for a kayak or two. Feel free to call or text me at 810-618-3418 and I can go over in more detail the particulars of this boat.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Do you have a cash price in mind? PM me if you would like to tell me in private..

Reactions: catfish_hunter

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
so I heard ya greedy thing... LOL !!! Big ol' Skiff gas gets expensive doesnt it??

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Ya got that right a typical 30 gallon fillup with non-ethanol is $120 :(

so I heard ya greedy thing... LOL !!! Big ol' Skiff gas gets expensive doesnt it??

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya got that right a typical 30 gallon fillup with non-ethanol is $120 :(
I know a guy or two that could help with that ;)

Thanks for doing the trade Tim. Got the yak in the water this morning, and while I didnt get bit, still had a good time. Definately a different perspective being in a kayak.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Good deal glad your enjoying it. Im sure I will miss it but will enjoy the john. When the weather gets better we should do the wreck trip we missed out on saturday ;)

I know a guy or two that could help with that ;)

Thanks for doing the trade Tim. Got the yak in the water this morning, and while I didnt get bit, still had a good time. Definately a different perspective being in a kayak.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts