NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAD AN AWESOME DAY AT DURANT NATURE PARK WITH MY WIFE :) BETWEEN THE BOTH OF US WE HAD 15 BASS LANDED AND LOST A FEW , INCLUDING A 20- 30 POUND CARP . JEFF I THINK I FOUND YOUR FISH-ZILLA !!! LARA ACCIDENTLY FOUL HOOKED A 3.5 FOOT / 20 - 30 POUND CARP IN THE TAIL . SAME SPOT AS YOU DID . SHE FOUGHT IT FOR ABOUT 3 MIN AND DECIDED TO LET ME TRY AFTER SHE WORE OUT QUICKLY , I FOUGHT IT FOR ABOUT 15 MINUTES AND THE FISH NEVER STOPPED PULLING (SUPER STRONG). I WASN'T ABLE TO LAND IT AFTER A HARD FIGHT . SHE FINALLY RIPPED HER TAIL FREE AFTER LIL ANTHONY FROM PSB FISHINGTEAM TRIED TO GET IT , SHE WAS TOO HUGE AND TOO STRONG , SHE KEPT PULLING AND TRASHING AROUND . MY UGLY STICK ROD , ABU GARCIA REEL AND 12 LBS TRILENE BIG GAME LINE HELD UP LIKE A CHAMP :D EVERYTHING WAS CAUGHT ON A RAT-L-TRAP TODAY , ALL KINDS OF DIFFERENT COLORS BUT ALL WITH A LIL CHARTRUESE IN IT . EVEN MY LIL ONE JOINED IN ON THE FUN A CAUGHT ONE ON A SPINNERBAIT :D JEFF DID YOU LOOSE A BOOYAH SPINNERBAIT ? ANYWAYS, I WASN'T GOING TO MENTION IT BUT LARA HAD 10 BASS TODAY , INCLUDING THE BIG FISH OF THE DAY AT 4 LBS :cool: THIS WAS A FUN DAY OF FISHING FOR ME (and i'm sure lara) . HERE'S SOME PICS .

Attachments

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
10-4 great job on the bass...

Theres a couple of nice ones your wife is holding..good deal

Always great when you can get the wife and children involved with you pasttime....:):)

<*)))))>{

·
Registered
288 Posts
Danny, nice day all around man. I've got a heavy rod w/ I think some 17# test mono on it. Think I'll have to rig it up w/ some 30# braid and bring some of those bottom lovers some dinner.....were all those fish and the lower lake?

LH28

·
Registered
941 Posts
Man, that is a great day of fishing for sure. I bet that carp pulled like crazy. I will be glad when they turn on here. Thanks for the pics and report.

Reactions: DANNYBOY

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys . Jeff can you really enter the kayak tournaments in a canoe ? I do have a canoe , my brother has a kayak but he lives in TN :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.