NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One if my hobbies is trapping escaped and stray dogs. Today i was deploying a trap and noticed on the map a body of water, so I headed over and started tossing a whopper plopper since water was calm and seemed to have a,ot of surface action. First cast a nice 4.2# bass, next 3 casts also 3.5-4+ range. Change to a larger,plopper had two misses. Next tried a popper,landed 4 two total blow up issues. Tried a trick worm and 2 on two casts. Tried a buzzbait no luck switched to red eye landed 5 more. 16 total bass in less than And hour.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Talk about an adventure... I always enjoy finding new bodies of water and sounds like this one might be a gem! On my best day I haven't had anything close to those numbers in an hour let alone that average size. About what time of day was it? One of the things on my list (which seems to be ever-growing) is trying more topwater but always hear people talk about the need to fish them sunrise and sunset. I've got a couple that I've had some success on but only whopper plopper's I have are like 6" long and I think were meant for salt-water so might be too big for most bass.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3pm didn’t expect much but saw lots of surface action and some in close swirls likely chasing bream

1 - 5 of 5 Posts