NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made an impulse purchase over the weekend, and I decided not to keep it. (Read that as: My girfriend is fine with me keeping a kayak in her garage, but she's not thrilled that I brought this ALSO to her house to store.. .we discussed it, but this is MUCH bigger than she anticipated.... ) I'm willing to seperate it or sell it in whole, but each piece is in excellent condition and beautifully maintained.

Will take photos this evening.

Will take $1000 firm for the set, or will separate for prices below.

Motor - 2004 Nissan 3.5 HP 2 stroke. About 30-35 lbs. Internal gas tank. "Rock deflector" welded on to protect prop. Lower unit serviced last month, new water pump installed. Starts and runs beautifully. Extra prop. Extra shear pins. Extra gaskets. Service manual. Will throw in plastic 1 gallon gas tank for refills on the water. $375

Trailer - This is a beauty designed for canoes, not a jet ski trailer someone adapted. It's a 2007 Magneta USSCT1. http://www.magnetatrailers.com/canoekayaktrailersaccessories/canoekayaktrailers.html White powder coated, 12" wheels, comes with bearing buddies (greased last month). Approx 18' long with tongue. Fenders have taken a little abuse, but still looks good. a very little surface rust visible on fenders.. Registered and titled in NC. Cost $1300 new, asking $475.

Hull - This is a close cousin to the greenoe. It's a 2007 Pelican Bayou. http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-Boats-Bayou-Square-Back-Assembled/dp/B000ZK14TG/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt It's 16'4" long and 44" wide, made of Ram X, has a square stern suitable for up to 5HP motors, built in motor transom, molded in rod and drink holders, 3 seats, and aluminum gunwales. The previous owner bolted in a small seat in the bow, looks like original equipment, for when he goes up narrow creeks, he moves to the front and paddles out instead of having to try to turn a 16' boat. Boat has some home made brown camo added to the dark green outside and sand inside, as previous owner used this mainly for duck hunting. One folding jon boat seat mounted in back. Excellent condition. Minor typical use scratches on the bottom, but less than most because this has been trailered it's whole life, and not subject to cement launch landings. 950 lb capacity. 125lb weight. Registered and titled in NC. $700 new, asking $375.

Follow the links if you want more information about the pieces. I'll have pictures this evening, I just decided to sell it this morning. As you can see, I'm asking a bit more for the pieces than the whole... I really think this is a great value package

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hi Len.

If you want to sell the lot complete, I understand and will not be heart broken if you don't want to separate items at this point.

I am interested in the motor, if it is short shaft. If you do decide to separate the items, please let me know via PM.

Thanks

Fishscalz

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Give me two day to see if anyone wants the whole package... Then I'd be willing to separate.

It is a short shaft.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics... sorry, raining this evening, had to take them in garage.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Brown Wood Bumper Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
Hood Grille Wood Bumper Motor vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put this on Ebay (of all places) with a $1000 minimum bid. Just curious to see if it sells there...

If not, I'll put the individual pieces up for sale.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Make sure they only have to option to pay in person or thru paypal so you have some recourse if it's a fraud. I bet it sells, tis' the season!!

Reactions: dbeam and biglenr

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yeah... I'm very experienced on Ebay.

It shoudl sell... There were two similar boat packages online, both seemed in worse shape, and they sold for about 1300-1500 each.

Reactions: dbeam

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's still out there.... I just put it on Ebay to sell it quicker. It'll bring a couple hundred dollars more there than here, but I'll have to pay a $60 fee threre....

I agree, it's a great looking package. I was pretty sure someone here would want it, but the GF wants it gone from her garage... And I can't keep it at the apartment. Especially because I have to borrow her SUV to tow it since I don't have a trailer hitch.... Ahhh, impulse purchases.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts