NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii35/SwampFox71/Fishing/CAA%201st%20Tour/100_2134.jpg[/img]
The event started slow with a less than expected turn out due, we feel, to the weathers abrupt turn. The temperature was about 50 degrees and the winds a little high for fishing but we had four dedicated catfishing teams show.

The tournament kicked off at 8:00am on time and within the first hour and a half of fishing I recieved a call from Mark Smith of Angier fishing south of the launch site. Mark and his partner Todd Ennis, also of Angier, had just landed a really nice Blue Cat that would later weigh in at 44.65lb and win the Big fish prize for the day.

In addition to Mark and Todds' 44 plus pound fish the partners from Angier, who fish several tournaments in the area, weighed in another 4 fish at 40.25lb for a total wining weight of 84.90lb. A very respectable showing for the conditions of the day.

Second in the tournament was Joey Williams and his parter known as Scooter both of Coats with a total weight of 7.4lb and consisting of one Blue and one Channel Cat.

Weight is was at 4:00pm and a small crowd of spectators gathered to see the impressive showing of the Cape Fears' prized Cats. After weigh in and a short speech from James Mckenzie regarding the newly formed Catfish Anglers Association and their schedule for 2008, 1st place for the big fish was awarded to Mark and Todd.

The weigh in at the ramp.​

Mark Smith and Todd Ennis with the 44.65lb Blue​

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Looks like a great time! Gonna have to give it a shot!!

Reactions: SwampFox

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope to see everyone at the next event. I just wish the weather had of stayed as predicted earlier this week and been 80 and clear. I froze my behind off out there going across the water.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
10-4 guys.........thats some nice fish for the start of the season, fish like that will definately bring others to the water to fish.

Nice hoss of a blue and congrats to the fellows that hung him

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would love to know when you guys have another one. That is what we love to do best (not that we are good at it or know what we are doing). Hopefully if the weather holds out we are going out on Cape Fear this Friday night and fish until whenever. Last time me and the old lady went it was during the afternoon and was warm. So of course we were in our shorts and t-shirts. Right about dark they started tearing it up and we had to leave because it was getting chilly.

Hope to get out there with my son this Friday night and catch some monsters.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.