NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a big fan of pier fishing for years but have always wanted a boat. I finally brought a used 17ft. bay boat. Its an older boat but in good shape.Anywsy, i am in the army and currently deployed to iraq. I was wondering if any one could tell me were a few good spots are at topsail island. I am not looking to go too far out, just some good safe inshore fishing.I will be home in june so i know the water will be nice and warm then. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
fister,
First let me say, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY.
Secondly, welcome to the site.
Third please check out Military Appreciation Day - Home.
Fourth if you want to fish slightly further north in the Swansboro area inside the inlet I can help you out. Hopefully, some of the guys like TopsailAngler or Icecreamman will respond to the info about Topsail Island off shore.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Welcome aboard! My son is in the Army and is stationed in Iraq and is due back in June as well (actually he is home right now for a medical reason and will be back in Iraq later this month). Thank-you for your service to our country!

There is some great fishing in the back waters of Topsail Island. Around the inlets is usually good. Permuda Island, the Surf City bridge, the marsh around banks channel, Lee Island Uttley channel to name a few. When you get ready to go fishing, give me a shout and I'll give you some specific place to fish depending on what's biting at the time.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Welcome to the board

Always willing to help a fellow serviceman:) by the time you get back the trout, drum and flounder should be doing just fine in those waters. Keep a check on the website and see whats happening and where the fish are being caught.

Give me a shout and will be more than willing to help in any way. I also fish the New River a lot and put in on Camp Lejuene, they have about a dozen or so ramps all up and down the New River, all service personnel can use these ramps, even us retiree's.

tight lines and be safe out there <*)))))>{

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm probably not much help since I've only been to Topsail once, Topsail Angler is the man and a good one at that. With that in mind I did good on the sharks 2 to 6 miles thru the New Inlet when I was there in August last year. Slow trolling fresh livebait.

I still wish I knew what bit my storm menhadden right in half at the mouth of the inlet though. Might as well have been drifting with a 10 spot on a hook that day.

Anyway ya been making us proud over there!

Reactions: fister

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Thanks for your service. Come home safe and "HOOK UP"!!

Reactions: fister

·
Registered
84 Posts
Fister, thanks for your service.

When do you anticipate returning home? If you're back by June we'ed like to have you as a guest at the MAD 3 event that Speckhunter already posted above. Check the website for details

I'm positive that when you return there will be plenty of offers to take you fishing as well as advice too. There are good people here as you can see by their posts.

Thanks again

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for the support. We are suppose to be back sometime in late june. I would like to be there before then, but we still have alot to do over here in these last few months. looking forward getting in the water and catching some fish!

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Keep us posted on your return and I'm sure someone will be glad to take you out for a great day of fishing and bring you up to speed on whats happing in the saltwater world.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
167 Posts
Welcome to the site Fister, I mainly fish for Bass, but when I get back home from overseas as well maybe we can hook up hit some Bass sites I know. Stay cool, I know were trying to stay warm ... Afghanistan isn't the warmest this time of year lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks bassangler1. stay safe over there and hopefully we can get together and pull some of those big mouth bass! if i could, i'd send you some of this warm weather we got here. in the mid 80's allready. Cobra 30N out!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fister you are the man. I have no advice on Topsail, buy if youre ever in the Elizabeth City area, look me up, i'd love to take you fishin. Do us all a favor and let all your comrads know that we support you guys and our cause 110% Come home safe!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.