NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Corolla Friday , not taking the boat ! Anybody got suggestions or tips on what's going in from the surf ? We are staying on the sound side I guess you'd call it and have that option of wetting a line from the back yard ! Reds , trout , flounder any tips for anything would be much appreciated ! Thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
My family usually vacations in Duck or Corolla every year. I've found the surf fishing to be solid, but unspectacular. Using a two-hook bottom rig with bloodworms or sandfleas you can catch spot, croaker and whiting almost nonstop.

When it comes to everything else a lot depends on when you're there. Some weeks guys catch nonstop blues, spanish and flounder off the beach, but the next week it's completely dead.

https://twsbaitandtackle.wordpress.com/

This can be a big help. I really enjoy Bob's Bait and Tackle just south of you in Duck. Really friendly and helpful guys.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So we stepped out in the back yard to the sound and caught about 10 largemouth one weighing about 2 1/2 a perch a slab black crappie and 1 chain pickerel about 24 inches ! Very unexpected catch!!!

My family usually vacations in Duck or Corolla every year. I've found the surf fishing to be solid, but unspectacular. Using a two-hook bottom rig with bloodworms or sandfleas you can catch spot, croaker and whiting almost nonstop.

When it comes to everything else a lot depends on when you're there. Some weeks guys catch nonstop blues, spanish and flounder off the beach, but the next week it's completely dead.

https://twsbaitandtackle.wordpress.com/

This can be a big help. I really enjoy Bob's Bait and Tackle just south of you in Duck. Really friendly and helpful guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.