NC Angler Forums banner

2-22-15 Spot Report

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  WNCSLIM 
#1 ·
2-22-15 Have not been able to get out much because of the weather, but made a trip to Lanier on Sunday to try and find some stripers. The fog was just socked in for most of the day so had to stop traveling and just fish, never found any stripes. What we did find were a bunch of really fat spots. This lake has monster spots, not sure if Fontana has this strain but most fish we catch here are grown!. Don't know if it is because we use herring, but always seem to catch the big girls almost never small ones. Can't wait til this weather lets up, at least the fish on Fontana are getting a reprieve from fishing pressure. Stay warm and here's to hoping things warm up for a change. Later, capt. James

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi WNCSLIM,

Wow, what a nice fish! Congrads on winning the Blog Award. I spoke with you some time ago about me looking for a place to live and fish in and around Asheville NC. I've found that there is not much fishing there. At least not close by.
The time has come and I'l be looking for a place to stay for most of March while getting a feel for the town and what is has to meet my needs and so forth. But while I'm looking, I hope to do some fishing as well. I've been to Georgia, Florida and South Carolina. Best fish caught at Lake Toho. Kissimme, FL. Really no surprise there. I fished it in the past and knew a little about it. Fishing from the shore was a little tough, having to rely on the wind, temps, etc.
I didn't know you had a charter service. I would like to go out and do some crappie and/or bass fishing. But you wouldn't make much money by just taking out singles. I'l be getting into Asheville this Mon. 3-2-15. Probably staying at a Choice Privileges Hotel to accumulate points for my mothers membership. She is driving this trip with severe back pain yet she will not allow me to drive her car for whatever reason. So I'm a bit limited on transportation but things can be arranged to make fishing possible. Part of the reason for this trip is to keep me from falling on the ice or snow after my right knee was replaced this past Oct. Being where there isn't any snow is nice also!
Sincerely,
D. Kelly Colflesh
aka: Buster Boatman

PS: Can be reached at 517-617-7761
I can also reach you through 828-421-8125

#4 ·
Hey Kelly, Just let me know I have a full plate til late in the week but if you are going to be around after that would love to take you. The weather is supposed to get a little better with rain but warmer temps that should help with the fishing and just general attitude. James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.