NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hooked Linda's truck to the boat and started to pull it out to the driveway. It was wet and muddy coming up the hill to the house, when the truck started spinning I put it in 4 high,-----nothing but a click 4 low same thing, the low range works, but no response from the front axle. I did not see if the driveline to the front axle was turning or not. I am going to put it up on jack stands Monday so I can check closer but I thought that I would check here to see if anyone else has had any similar trouble, or any suggestions.

Darrell

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Vacuum isn't engaging the hubs. There is a solenoid under the cowl I think that routes the vacuum to engage the hubs at the wheels.

Reactions: GreyGhost and dbeam

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys I was not aware till i talked to a guy with one just like at the landing today that they engage with vacuum. I will check it out as soon as I can get it up on stands. Till then i will stay on the asphalt. Everything I have had has had mechanical linkages to do the work, and/or manual hubs. I understand the selling points of automatic shifting, but I love the simplicity of manual.

Darrell

·
Registered
497 Posts
You always know if its in 4 wheel with locking hubs. On my 04 f150 4 low wont engage i assume its about the same problem 4 high works fine. but if anyone has a suggestion it would be helpful.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Agger if its not going into low range it is the solenoid on the transfer case not the hubs. The hubs either lock in or don't. The transfer case solenoid however engages the various gearing in the transfer case and that is where your low/high range come from.

Reactions: GreyGhost and dbeam
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.