NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get you ideas for our next FAAN fishing trip. Some of you know that we did a overnighter at Carolina Beach State Park and ended up being a bunch of fun. Even though it was hot and it rained all night. We ended up with a few fish to share around the campsite.

We have a few more boats in the club now and I hope that we can accommodate everyone for a boating trip. Freshwater or Saltwater , it doesn’t matter. Let’s have some ideas to kick around. Here are a few that have come up in the past:

Jordan lake
Carolina Beach
Fly Fishing Weekend
Shad Fishing

I will post a poll, once we have gathered a few ideas.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
There's a clinic coming up in May for warm weather species of fish on the fly. I'm planning on going to it. Went to the second one this year for the trout. Was loads of fun.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I'm scared I might like Flyfishing too much and MAN thats an expensive hobby!!!!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
dads got an old combo hanging in his barn. I think I'll see if it's worth salvaging... I know it has to be a kick! He just never put much time into it and I was just a kid chasing big cats.....

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Flyfish is only expensive as you let it get or as simple as you keep it

I keep it simple KISS--"keep it simple stupid"

Great fun just to go out when the bream are bedding and cast popping bugs, man they go ballastic overem, all the fun in the world.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I used to put popping bugs on an old cane pole when the Bream were bedding.. It was a blast!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I was checking out the Caddis Creek combos in Boaters World today. Looks like I can get started cheap if I go for it! I'll just be sure to stick to panfish for now..LOL!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.