NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help,this thing starts great and runs for 6-8 mile ,get to fishing spot,i fish maybe 1-2 hrs and when I go to start it cranks might run 20-30 ft cuts off,acts like its not getting any gas.I can drain the bottom carb and it finally starts.I have changed fuel filters,checked gas no water,but I did find need valve stuck once in bottom carb,Any ideas?

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Needs new needle seats, buy kits for it and rebuild them properly. Disassemble soak, blow out and wire through all the little passages. Ethanol fuel kills the Vitron material tips on the needles. A lot of companies are going back to steel tipped ones like the old days for that reason.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Its possible you have a "heat sink" issue causing vapor lock. How old is the line and bulb? How old is the fuel pump? Does the motor "pee" like it should to make sure your water pump is right and your thermostat is opening fully?

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
start with carb kits.

Reactions: BigE818
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.