NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have decided to put my Ultra up for sale, since the new baby, I have been usually fishing in other peoples boats, or just taking my ocean kayak prowler out to run shark baits.

It is a 2014 version which is different from the 2013. Made by Ocean Kayak New Zealand, it is 14 feet long and is a true BTB kayak but I used it more often inshore. I absolutely loved the 4 rod holders and the center hatch is key to holding battery for fishfinder. At 29 inches wides you can move pretty quickly and some people are surprised to see it move. Weighs 59 pounds. Has a replaceable wear strip for dragging it but I have a set of wheels for it.

The Fishfinder is mounted already with the transducer installed in the transducer scupper. It is a lowrance Elite 4 Chirp with GPS/HDI/Sonar. The wires run to the middle compartment. I can uninstall it but I would rather sell it with the kayak.

Kayak - 900.00
w/ gps/Fishfinder/hdi/chirp - 1200

The seat in the photo is the seat that came with the kayak, I am missing the bungee that came with it. I do have a spider angler seat that can be sold for extra. It has some wear on the metal parts but its good to go. It has been garage kept but there are def some scratches on it.

If anyone is looking for a BTB kayak that can do inshore this is a great choice, it is not the 4.7 which is 15 feet long, this is the 4.3 that is 14 foot, and its design goes over waves very well.

**Price Change So Just the Kayak now 800.00 (nothing extra), Pretty much as low as I am ever willing to go on this, and it is only for NC angler peeps. It is a great kayak essentially at half price now lowered to help a quick sale.

**No more GPS unit, I uninstalled it for a buyer and then he low balled me last minute, so the kayak is still here.

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nah, I used it inshore mostly. I did take it BTB a lot though when the weather was decent. Of course I am only 160lbs, but I could stand in it, I would not want a kayak more wide than 29 inches, it would be like paddling a barge.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It takes a hard core BTB man or long distance open water fisherman to appreciate this boat for what it's worth. Almost everyone wants 35 inch wide kayaks with a lazy boy recliner and a tiki bar anymore.
I can't understand it. After one summer in a Tarpon 120 all I wanted was more speed to get to spots that were 1-2 miles away. Less time paddling equals more time fishing is the way I see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok guys, seems that there is a lot of interest in the kayak, but no one likes the price. So I am tempted just to hold on to it. If I cannot sell it pretty soon. However, I am lowering the price for the kayak to 800.00 which is as far as I am willing to go on that. Also, I am lowering the price of the fish finder to 250.00 remember this is the Elite 4 NOT the Elite 4x, it has GPS with maps/SDI/and Sonar with CHIRP. Essentially brand new and used twice after install. The only reason I am lowering the price is because it is available brand new for 250.00 now, it used to only retail for 299.00.

So Just the Kayak now 800.00 (nothing extra), Kayak with Lowrance Elite 4 w/Chirp = 1050.00 (already installed ready to fish, must have your own battery). Pretty much as low as I am ever willing to go on this, and it is only for NC angler peeps. It is a great kayak essentially at half price now to move soon.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Check above peeps, the fish finder is un installed now. Thanks to a jerk who said he would buy it without it then never showed up to buy the yak or even look at it (Not from this forum either). So just the kayak now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.