NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a saltwater guy at heart, but I grew a wild hair this spring and decided to hunt some big "little" fish.
All fish are from the Neuse and White Oak River basins. The river panfish population is alive and well, contrary to popular discussion. :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Redears, bluegills, longears, redbreasts, crappie, pumpkinseeds, you name it

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
I am about half and half on salt water, and fresh water fishing, but closer to the fresh. That is an awesome catch ******. Not sure if you fly fish, but that would be a blast on the fish you have.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ultralight spinning gear..I'm not a fly guy but I will throw out a popping bug from time to time.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I bet you are going to like those on the table just as much as trout.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
They are a ton of fun on ultra lite tackle. Been doin quite a bit of that myself. Neuse Creeks as well and yes there are some nice ones but haven't caught any pounders yet. 8-9 inches is about the biggest I catch it seems.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Yes Sir, there have been some very nice gills caught this year. Gonna hit up a pond for some very large crackers either tomorrow or Wednesday. Already have the crickets and bream busters ready to dance to the beat of the fisherman.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Found some more jumbos today, including an 11" citation shellcracker. Throwing back half pounders this morning. Fun fun

1 - 20 of 21 Posts