NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to Mrs Mo having some health issues, I won't be planing a 2015 Kinston M&G this year ! If someone else would like to take over and plan the event, that would be great !
Hopefully someone will take over and if so You are welcome to contact me, and I will give you all the assistance that I can.
Thanks Mo

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Thanks for doing this in the past! and prayers for Mrs. Mo's continued good recovery.

I guess the first questions would be; Can we get the use of the Fellowship Hall at the Church? I remember last year there was some discussion of moving it to the Park at the river. my opinion is that the park would be a nice place if the weather was cooperative, but the fellowship hall is great in all weather conditions.

2nd question is when? The Hot hole meet and Greet is on Feb 7th.

3rd question would be food? The Pizza was very convenient and good Hot dogs would be good as well everyone could bring something and we could cook them on a grill or two, This would be great but would again depend on weather. I would no mind chipping in a pig but I am not sure how we could tell how many people would show up if the weather turned off bad for the weekend.

one last question and possibly another option would be: is there anywhere in the area that has a banquet hall or meeting room in the restaurant that would allow us to use for the meeting say 11:00 till 2:00 or so? That way we could eat off of the Menu each to his own taste and would not have to worry about cleaning up.

Darrell

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Late March is best. Should be some shad around. I like the indoor venue then weather isn't a factor for meeting. Food doesn't need to be fancy so take out pizza, pre fried chicken, bbq etc is fine to me as we can add goodies from home on our own. I cannot take the reigns on this because I am unsure of my job situation right now and it has to be my priority.

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Fellowship Hall (check): Date poll (soon): To-Go food (pizza, fried chicken, BBQ,) suggestion from Sundrop any others maybe we need to do a poll on that. Pizza last year was good and requires minimal utensils or planning. And of course any desserts will be appreciated. I think last year that the pizza was not hit very hard because everyone was saving room for dessert.

Darrell

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.