NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently picked up a custom 21 ft skiff that is hands down a great deal. Coastal Skiffs out of Fair Bluff (65 miles from Wilmington off 74).

I had seen their ads for 3 years and been looking at how they build them. Picked the 212 model that is true self bailing, that had extended decks front and rear, custom plumbed livewell and two baitwells, Hard T-top with electronics box, I-80 trolling motor 24 V with batteries, Lowrance HDS-7 Chirp with extra chip, LED lighting all over, rocket launchers, leaning post with rod holders, bilge pumps, AM/FM and VHF radios, 24 gallon gas tank, Minn Kota 10 ft talon, 115 Suzuki with trolling mode, swim platform, 150 quart cooler in front of center console that is also seating, 65 qt Yeti under leaning post and other misc items. All for good $10K under any competition.

With 2 on board was running easy 28-29 MPH during break in.

They only build 50 boats each year one at a time, custom to the customer. They have a super 23 ft center console that is huge and wide (94 inches) that with a 300 is getting 3.2 MPG for $45K out the door.

Look them up on Facebook at Four Sons Marine. You have to see it and talk to them to understand how they do it and why.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am unfamilar with Coastal Skiff but sounds like a great deal for a great boat. I'd love to see one, maybe see you around one of the ramps or on the local waters around Wilm if I ever get to go out again.

Best wishes,
Foursum

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Wondered what happened to those molds. I believe that these are the same boats that Loy at Coastal Marine and Sports used to make. Have known a couple of people that worked for him making them back 15-20 years ago. They were always dang good boats. If I had not had my Southern Skimmer I would have gotten one of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.