NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a slow day on the H2o, I pull up to the 210 boat ramp only to be greeted by this doofus completely blocking access to the left side of the ramp (as well as anyone already parked). I would like to give this idiot the benefit of the doubt he didn't see the No Parking signs, but that still doesn't excuse the lack of common sense that this inconsiderate boater exhibits. After close to 25mins (and many more expletives) I was able to maneuver my truck and trailer up over the concrete portion of the dock. Still hot about it and needed to vent a little with you guys.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Did you at least leave a note? Looks like a Bass Boat Trailer. I use that ramp often. Just hope they did not know, as opposed to today logic, "Me First", "Look what a premo parking spot I got."
Common sense and common courtesy are lost traits these days.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't leave a note, but the police department is only a block away. As a fisherman, I believe in karma and the fishing gods will hopefully put the skunk on his boat. In the mean time, my skunk has been lifted! Patience paid off today with two 20inchers early morning near the inlet. Both swam away to get after next weekend. The first one hit a topwater early in the AM and the second came an hour later on a mirrolure Lil John in the chicken color. Both in less than 3ft of water. Karma is a fisherman's best/worst friend. Hopefully I'm on Murphy's good side for a change.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Back in the day Honda's first Civic that was near the size of a SmartCar. We use to pick the read end up and turn the car in it's parking spot. I could see doing the same thing to the trailer. And if need be.... Attach a strap and drag the thing out of the way. They will surely know that there was a issue with their parking position. And it would be non destructive. Unless you attached the strap to the wiring harness and failed to move the trailer on the first attempt ;-).

mike

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Back in the day Honda's first Civic that was near the size of a SmartCar. We use to pick the read end up and turn the car in it's parking spot.

mike
We did that to our basketball coaches car. He had a Pinto and would park near the double doors. So one day we slid his car around and put it in between the door way. Yeah he knew who did it, without even asking.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Perhaps the person parking the rig, is so nervous, rather than risk hitting something, they would rather risk getting a parking ticket? Perhaps they have no regard for the reason for the No Parking Sign in the first place and they accidentally park in someone else's way? Perhaps she see's an open spot and takes it and runs. (OOPS! Did I say that?)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Perhaps the person parking the rig, is so nervous, rather than risk hitting something, they would rather risk getting a parking ticket?
Perhaps the person should practice in the driveway before blocking an entire public boat ramp.

Perhaps they have no regard for the reason for the No Parking Sign in the first place and they accidentally park in someone else's way?
Perhaps the reason for the sign is so obvious that the only reason they have to post them is because of inconsiderate boaters.

Perhaps she see's an open spot and takes it and runs. (OOPS! Did I say that?)
Perhaps her husband on the boat only 15ft away should correct her parking job to allow for others to use the ramp safely.

Perhaps this thread will educate many of our fellow boaters/fishermen so that we may keep our local waterways safe and enjoyable for all...Or perhaps, not...

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
We did that to our basketball coaches car. He had a Pinto and would park near the double doors. So one day we slid his car around and put it in between the door way. Yeah he knew who did it, without even asking.
Yeah... Pinto's, chevettes, gremlin's.... Leaving them parked the wrong way (180 degrees) or just jammed (90 degrees) was just too much fun. Sometimes I did it alone, sometimes I had help.

·
Registered
247 Posts
For those who might defend this parking attempt, which is clearly in violation of the posted signage. Here is a link to the Google earth map showing the entire parking area with a vehicle in place to show the scale of the lot. You can also see where most peoples vehicles travel when leaving the ramp for the day. The person in the OP's post simply dropped the boat and pulled directly forward, effectively closing 50% of the ramps available (the north one).

https://www.google.com/maps/place/N...0x89a90f02afe2787d:0x455b899a047bda92!6m1!1e1

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
I think there should be a dedicated thread for idiots encountered in parking lots.

The parking job is obviously stupidity at its finest.

And just a heads up... Most folks do not lock the trailer to the truck. It is as simple as disconnecting the trailer and moving it by hand out of the way. And if it is locked find someone to help you pick up and swing the trailer out of the way enough to get by. Seen it done many times when people can't park trailers within the lines.

But don't maliciously mess with peoples vehicles.

Sent from my XT1080

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I will never forget seeing a small lexus SUV floor it in reverse straight into the drink. The tow truck driver got there (probably weighed 300) pulled a snorkel mask from behind his seat and proceeded to winch that thing out. It was a good day to be alive.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yeah... Pinto's, chevettes, gremlin's.... Leaving them parked the wrong way (180 degrees) or just jammed (90 degrees) was just too much fun. Sometimes I did it alone, sometimes I had help.
Hillarious! My coach's car was a Karmann Ghia. It took 4 guys exactly 10 minutes to carry it inside the school and place it cross-ways in the hall.

·
Registered
507 Posts
For those who might defend this parking attempt, which is clearly in violation of the posted signage. Here is a link to the Google earth map showing the entire parking area with a vehicle in place to show the scale of the lot. You can also see where most peoples vehicles travel when leaving the ramp for the day. The person in the OP's post simply dropped the boat and pulled directly forward, effectively closing 50% of the ramps available (the north one).

https://www.google.com/maps/place/N...0x89a90f02afe2787d:0x455b899a047bda92!6m1!1e1
I love that link. I hate you went to all that trouble. Very clear. I'm sorry. I'm not defending the lame parking attempt. I'm apologizing for her parking. Be patient with her, she's getting better each trip out. Number of complaints are down 50%. She drives a PT Cruiser. When she drives the truck off the ramp, people give her a wide berth. I can't confess more at this time. But if you're the owner of a certain white Chevy 4x4 with the badly bent trailer bunk, I never saw a thing.

·
Registered
507 Posts
The driver of that white Chevy 4x4 will certainly understand (my vagueness.) I was not putting down the female gender, Brenardo. I'm just asking for patience as wife learns to drive a rig with a trailer attached.

Reactions: Brenardo
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.