NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nine anglers showed up this past Saturday to do some fishing at Fort Fisher (8 in kayaks and my lazy dad in a jon boat :D) The weather, which had been rumored to be awful, turned out to be great. A little wind in the morning that died down in the evening was nothing for a group of paddlers armored with wetsuits, waders, and capilene.

The biggest thing going against us was the bite. The reds just had lockjaw. I spotted one school during a lunch break and everyone began casting to them. They didn't take anything from the rainbow assortment of Gulp, Redfish Magic, or curly tail grubs that we catered to them. Rodney finally landed one underslot red on the return trip. Even though it was only one, everyone was relieved to learn that at least 1 of 9 guys could fish!

It was a lot of fun and everyone got to put faces with names. We are planning on doing another trip soon around the Raleigh area. I'll keep everyone updated on those plans as they unfold. Everyone interested is invited to come. If you don't have a kayak it's no problem. There are plenty to be loaned out.

Photos can be seen here at... http://www.kayaksportfishing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2665

·
Registered
359 Posts
hey sounds like a good time, well any time on the water is good as long as you end up dry.where in the raleigh area are you going soon? falls lake has a great branch called beaverdam(no motors) it`s a nice area. keep me posted.fish hard paddle far....ogrefish

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey, count me in!

If you plan something, please send me a message. I am in Apex, fish Jordan, hit the Robersone Creek Area. I love Beaver Dam area too, but it takes me about 45 minutes to get there. It would be awesome to hook up with you guys next time. Its great you are in the Raleigh area.:)

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We still haven't gotten any dates planned. I've been pretty busy with schoolwork as the semester is winding down. Ok, so it's not winding down... it's more or less crashing into a ditch :)

I'll have dates up soon.

·
Registered
359 Posts
They say, patience is a virtue and good things come to those who wait.There`s two things I want to know,Who are "they"and how long do we have to wait?...fish hard... paddle far...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.