NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me , my son and grandson fished the WO Friday Saturday and Sunday, our best day was today, Friday only produced 1 keeper, Sat was 3 keepers 1 spike and 2 underage flounder, but this morning was different, we hit it at 7 and by 6:30 we had our limit, so we went in and got my grandson and he caught his first keeper trout, so nine keepers before 11:00 was great, it made the four hour drive home a lot better I'll try and post some pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Me , my son and grandson fished the WO Friday Saturday and Sunday, our best day was today, Friday only produced 1 keeper, Sat was 3 keepers 1 spike and 2 underage flounder, but this morning was different, we hit it at 7 and by 6:30 we had our limit, so we went in and got my grandson and he caught his first keeper trout, so nine keepers before 11:00 was great, it made the four hour drive home a lot better I'll try and post some pictures tomorrow.
You'll have to show me that time travel technique sometime ;)

Congrats on a good day.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well I fished 3 days on the WO too - Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. Thursday late morning I took my 12 yr old son and he caught a 16 in trout - first keeper for him, but otherwise it was slow. Took my 10 yr old out Thurs afternoon with nothing to show for it but a good boat ride. Friday took my 15 yr old out in the morning, again nothing. So I'm not much of a guide. Went out Friday afternoon with 3 small trout. Saw some larger fish caught though. Sunday was a total bust. Got out at 8:30 and tried upriver for a change, moved downriver, gave up for a late breakfast. Then back out in the afternoon hoping an incoming tide would help; nothing going on at all. Weather was great though. Maybe it is a solunar theory thing or something but looks like Sunday morning was good for CT so who knows. Getting one kid to catch and eat something was the highlight.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Glad y'all done good there. We hit it today and just knew it was going to be on since my buddy put a 19" fish in the boat on his 3rd cast. Well the nets must have caught there share because we finished up with 3 keepers. Didn't see anyone else catch a fish, but at least it was good and warm!!!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad y'all done good there. We hit it today and just knew it was going to be on since my buddy put a 19" fish in the boat on his 3rd cast. Well the nets must have caught there share because we finished up with 3 keepers. Didn't see anyone else catch a fish, but at least it was good and warm!!!!!
That's really surprising , I thought you would wear them out today, I've never seen any nets in that area, do they net a lot around there.

·
Registered
270 Posts
There are some nets right now along the bank a couple points down from WOS on the west side if the river. Not sure what kind. Last year on Dec. 1st the larger nets were put out all over the place from the trestle on up.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Fish Saturday and Sunday from the yak. From WOS to the 2nd big bend. Several spikes, a couple in the 14-15" range. Lost two nice fish, right at the yak. Will have a short net next go round. O-10 for me at the WOS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.