NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
July 16, 2006

On Sunday I had Nelson, Al and Nester from Fayetteville, NC on board for a day of offshore trolling. These guys showed up bright and early and we departed Wrightsville Beach about 0545. When we cleared the Sea Buoy at WB I was pleasantly surprised at how calm it was.

We started fishing at the 23 mile rock trolling rigged ballyhoo and squid behind spreader bars. The morning started out with a bang when a nice 10-15lb King skied on the flat line just ahead of the spreader bar. At first I thought it had hit the spreader bar. After landing that fish, Nester landed another King in the 8-10lb class.

As soon as we got that fish in the box, the long rigger went screaming and Nelson grabbed the rod. By the way this fish took off, I was pretty sure it was going to be nice. After a short battle, Nelson landed his first King Mackerel. A 30lb King Mackerel. Talk about beginners luck.

The bite pretty much ended for me after that. We had a couple more knockdowns and had one Mahi hooked up on the spreader bar but it threw the hook before we could boat it.

The fishing is great. Come on and join me for a day on the water.

Tight lines,

Capt. Brent

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.