NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 84 evinrude 35 that runs like a scolded dog, but when I put it in gear and pushforward on the throttle im only getting about one quarter throttle. if I disconnect the linkage it moves freely and the linkage on the engine moves full stroke but is to much for the cable to push I guess. I cant find any grease fittings and don't see anything binding sooooo........ has this happened to someone else in the past and how did you fix it , thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Keep the number of bends in the cable to a minimum, each bend takes up throw and increases force needed. Cables do wear out, you may need a new cable. Route it as straight as possible.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
How far will the cable move when disconnected from the engine? If you arent getting a full motion the issue might be in the control box rather than the engine end. Wear, something loose, adjustment, breakage, all possible.

I have a 84 evinrude 35 that runs like a scolded dog, but when I put it in gear and pushforward on the throttle im only getting about one quarter throttle. if I disconnect the linkage it moves freely and the linkage on the engine moves full stroke but is to much for the cable to push I guess. I cant find any grease fittings and don't see anything binding sooooo........ has this happened to someone else in the past and how did you fix it , thanks in advance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
with the cable disconnected i get a full stroke and it does so easily, it actually strokes farther than the engine will allow. the engine linkage strokes alot farther also by hand but the throttle cable just wont push it and its kinda stiff by hand. thanks for the replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.