NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
47 degrees and windy? Now that's flyfishing weather! Not really, but I have been itching to try out the waders that I got for Christmas and I wasn't about to take my canoe out in this wind, so I gave it a go.

I'm glad I did, because I caught ~15 crappie, a couple of mini-slab size. I only fished for an hour and a half or so on account of my hands going numb. Caught all crappie on an olive bead-head wooly bugger.

No pics, didn't dare tuck the digital camera into my waders pouch. However, I wanted to try something new. I don't know if you guys are familiar with the technical marvel that is Google Maps, but Google released a new capability of being able to add custom markers to a map and then share that map with other people. The first thing I thought of when I heard that was "That is perfect for sharing fishing spots!". So here goes, I added a marker to the exact rock that I was standing on. Let's see if it works...

d-el's crappie HotSpot

You may have to have a Google login, I'm not sure. I know how fishermen are about protecting secret fishing spots, but I encourage all to include links like this in these fishing reports. Or even if you don't want to post them, they could sure make a handy reference for yourself.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Really Cool. I had never messed with Google Maps. I played with the satellite maps and marked one up with some Jordan Lake spots that I found. I think that I'll try to find some waterproof paperso that I can print some satellite maps off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.